Bumper Stickers...?

Okay... a few days ago I saw a minivan being driving by a 40s-ish guy. The catch? There was a bumper sticker on it that said "Marriage? Yes! One Man. One Woman". Ever since, I can't stop thinking that I should put my own bumper sticker on my Millenia... just... what, though? :P Yes, it'll be tacky, cheesy, etc... but so what? I need some way to get back at all the homophobes that drive around. :D

Guest YellowJacket894

Bumper stickers are Gateway Rice. One trial of automotive molestation such as the one you proposed eventually leads to...

Posted Image

RICE.

Don't let it happen to you and your car.

The above was a C&G Public Service Announcemet paid by the behalf of the Tasteful Car Appearance Committee.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

Bumper stickers and rice? I don't see the connection? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The following is a C&G Public Service Announcement paid for by the TCAC.

Question: One bumper sticker wouldn't hurt me or my car would it?

Answer: YES. Slapping stickers on the back of cars is an addictive thing. Listening to the glue peel away from the paper and smoothing the bubbles out for hours can lead to a partial syndrome what some call...

Posted Image

Redneck-Bingo-Night Rice.

Next, your car will be feature half a body kit and be the infamous color known as primer rolling on Wal-Mart spinning wheel covers.

Don't let it happen to you and your car.

I'm with Fly.  Vipes, if you want to get a sticker, make sure it goes under the straight radar.  Something that only the people you want to make friends with understand.

What fun is that? :P Besides.. it'd be the easiest way to come out to everyone... Hahaha...

I used to have an innocuous little rainbow flag in the back of my F150 for the longest time. Then one day, I came out of a restaurant after lunch to find a note tucked under my windshield wiper that said "You faggots and your #@$#%#$ rainbow stickers. You're lucky I didn't key the whole side of this truck."

I was glad this person didn't key my truck, but I thought what a pathetic loser that someone would take the time to write a note like that!

Sometimes I feel bad for the gay guys on this board for the different attitudes that seem to exist in the US. Around here, there are restaurants and other businesses flying big rainbow flags. Doesn't seem to bother me or the other straight people around here. I think it's a lot less in-your-face to have it on your own car rather than a business, and you guys even get persecuted for that. I hope attitudes change soon, for everyones sanity.

Seriously, I'd never put anything the least bit devisive on my car. I don't like bumper stickers because they look cheesy, marr the car's finish, and are a bitch to remove no matter what you use. I do have vinyl window decals, however - an AOPA membership decal and an FAA-Licensed Private Pilot decal as well as a US Marine Corps specialty plate because my father served (ooh-rah) and we both have one. But when election time rolls around, never. People out there get too heated over nothing.

Guest YellowJacket894

Seriously, I'd never put anything the least bit devisive on my car. I don't like bumper stickers because they look cheesy, marr the car's finish, and are a bitch to remove no matter what you use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:withstupid:

Around here, there are restaurants and other businesses flying big rainbow flags. Doesn't seem to bother me or the other straight people around here. I think it's a lot less in-your-face to have it on your own car rather than a business, and you guys even get persecuted for that. I hope attitudes change soon, for everyones sanity.

Canada, in general, seems to be a lot more liberal than the U.S. I don't think you have anything that resembles our Bible belt. Maybe the provinces in the interior - SK, MB? Don't know.

For one thing, you guys have a lot more space. Less people than Cali and spread from coast to coast. That makes people less uptight. The other is that, per capita, Canada seems to be more of an ethnic kaleidoscope than does the US. There's a broader spectrum of niches and communities of immigrants, it seems, whereas in the US, it seems the bulk of the immigrant arrivals are predominantly from a handful of countries though all are clearly represented.

BV, don't litter your car with bumper stickers for the wrong reason. Perhaps consider a license plate frame...like:

The Best Man for The Job....

...is a Woman.

Just kidding. LOL. I absolutely hate that one and it is kind of passe.'

If you want attention, drive down here and actually follow the speed limit once you get into Maryland. You'll get plenty of attention, in the form of hand gestures, faces, and interesting conversations at traffic lights.

If you want attention, drive down here and actually follow the speed limit once you get into Maryland. You'll get plenty of attention, in the form of hand gestures, faces, and interesting conversations at traffic lights.

Trust me, he could do that without leaving PA.