Sketch Competition #20 - Kappa Deux, Part I

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

SSConceptz

Stock Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

WAY too big for a Sky. Besides, the Sky only fits 2, this looks like the size of a Camaro!

Sorry bro its smaller than a camaro.

SSConceptz

Stock Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

WAY too big for a Sky. Besides, the Sky only fits 2, this looks like the size of a Camaro!

And who says it has to be a skY? If you read you can change the name to whatever you wish, the car is smaller on paper than the posted pictures. Looks about the size of a Cobalt on paper, which I believe is pretty close.

Got the idea from this car and they are about the same size on paper, so there's no possible way it is too big. Thank you, that is my entry regardless.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SSConceptz, 17 August 2007 - 11:43 AM.

JBarraxJr

Stock Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:06 PM

Mine is a Solstice Coupe concept. I wanted to work on a more traditonal roadster as well, but I'm travelling today and ran out of time. My FTP setup is out of whack as well, so this one is uploaded to photobucket. Hope it works....

Posted Image

Flybrian

Aurora Oldsmoborealis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,050 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

Great entries! Anyone else almost done? let me know, otherwise we close tonight!

matt41

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:13 PM

Here's my next-generation Saturn Sky.

Attached Images

• SCAN65__Saturn_Sky.jpg
  • SCAN65_2__Saturn_Sky_Interior.jpg

Peugeot_206

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

Here's my next-generation Saturn Sky.

"They told me I should go to rehab, but I said no.....no.......no." :ohyeah:

It's too small and the preportions remind me of one of the Euro Subcompact Hardtop Convertibles like the Peugeot 206 CC. The wheelbase and overall length of the car NEEDS to be longer, and the A-piller could be behind the front wheel to create a more RWD look.

§carlet §wordfish

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

I started out making a schematic for this in AppleWorks. I was using the proportions of the current Solstice and tracing my own body over it, and planned to use those schematics to make an isometric sketch. I've used this process for most of the other sketches I've submitted. I worked on the schematics for a couple of days but I went to the file one day and found that it had been corrupted; all the data had been erased from it. I was exasperated and could not bring myself to pursue it any further. I think there may have been a little divine intervention there because I just got bored today and slopped out my idea with hardly any reference, and I was more pleased with it than what I drew while looking at my schematics. solsticesketch1.jpg

Edited by §carlet §wordfish, 20 August 2007 - 09:37 AM.

JBarraxJr

Stock Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

Here's my entry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice design SS. It's got that concept car flair and looks low-slung and fast. Well done. :yes:

§carlet §wordfish

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

Mine is a Solstice Coupe concept. I wanted to work on a more traditonal roadster as well, but I'm travelling today and ran out of time. My FTP setup is out of whack as well, so this one is uploaded to photobucket. Hope it works....

Posted Image

The headlights look like the MR2, though they don't look as awkward mounted lower. Also reminds me of the Sunfire, but not in a bad way (I always though the Sunfire looked like a baby Firebird.) I like it. It's still swoopy and curvy like the current Solstice but with a more aggressive stance.

JBarraxJr

Stock Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:25 AM

The headlights look like the MR2, though they don't look as awkward mounted lower. Also reminds me of the Sunfire, but not in a bad way (I always though the Sunfire looked like a baby Firebird.) I like it. It's still swoopy and curvy like the current Solstice but with a more aggressive stance.

Thanks Scarlet. I like the overall appearance of the current Soltice, especially the back. But the front end lost the beveled look of the Grand Am and GP grilles, which, to me, makes it look a little flimsy. And when they announced the Solstice GTP, I expected some sort of ram air look to the hood and was a little surprised and disappointed when all they did was widen the opening around the fog lamps. So this is kind of he Solstice GTP I would like to have seen from the beginning.

Except I forgot to draw the foglights. D'oh!!

Edited by JBarraxJr, 21 August 2007 - 06:26 AM.

SSConceptz

Stock Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:24 AM

Very nice design SS. It's got that concept car flair and looks low-slung and fast. Well done. :yes:

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the competition is over yet? When will the voting begin? thanks

Peugeot_206

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

Extention please? I'm working on one right now.

Peugeot_206

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

The Pontiac G1, WIP.

Posted Image

Burns

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

Alright, I'll get one in by later tonight. Don't close it without me!

JBarraxJr

Stock Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

The Pontiac G1, WIP.

Posted Image

Ooooo Swoopy. Cool sketch Peugeot.

Flybrian

Aurora Oldsmoborealis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip