• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Rumorpile: New Details On Alfa Romeo's SUV


    • What We Know About Alfa Romeo's First SUV

    Alfa Romeo is putting the finishing touches on their first SUV and will go into production at the end of the first half or start of the second half of 2016. Sales will begin sometime in the fall for Europe, with the U.S. getting it three months later.

     

    "All the preparation work" in connection with the launch of the second Alfa is done, said Sergio Marchionne on a conference call Thursday to discuss Fiat Chrysler’s second-quarter results. "Alfa’s plan is progressing as we told you it will go."

     

    Automotive News Europe reports the SUV will be around the size of an Audi Q5 and BMW X3. The new model doesn't have a name, but sources do say the model will use the Guilia platform.

     

    Source: Automotive News Europe (Subscription Required)

    0


    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback


    They will sell dozens of them per month!  And with total sales volume will go up 1,000% !!!

     

     

    I'm calling it now.....38!

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I'm calling it now: if they execute this well it'll be a good seller for Alfa Romeo. Throw it in Fiat showrooms, make it more like an Italian boutique, and this will sell well enough to get Alfa on the radar of non-enthusiasts.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor




  • Popular Stories

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. luquvelo
      luquvelo
      (31 years old)
  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      Volkswagen has been teasing us for a number of years with Microbus concepts that never seem to go anywhere. The latest one is the I.D. Buzz that debuted earlier this month at the Detroit Auto Show. But an insider says this concept will go into production.
      Automotive News Europe spoke to a source at Volkswagen who said, "I know what you're going to ask and the answer is 2022. Diess wants it."
      The second sentence in that quote is important. Diess refers to Herbert Diess, the brand chief for Volkswagen. According ANE, Diess is a big fan of the I.D. Buzz concept in part as the original bus "is a feel-good throwback to the days when VW stood for flower power, not toxic pollutants."
      According to other sources, the production variant of the I.D Buzz will be very close to the concept, minus the retractable steering wheel.
      Whether it actually goes into production or not remains to be seen.
      Source: Automotive News Europe (Subscription Required)
      Pic Credit: NewspressUSA

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Volkswagen has been teasing us for a number of years with Microbus concepts that never seem to go anywhere. The latest one is the I.D. Buzz that debuted earlier this month at the Detroit Auto Show. But an insider says this concept will go into production.
      Automotive News Europe spoke to a source at Volkswagen who said, "I know what you're going to ask and the answer is 2022. Diess wants it."
      The second sentence in that quote is important. Diess refers to Herbert Diess, the brand chief for Volkswagen. According ANE, Diess is a big fan of the I.D. Buzz concept in part as the original bus "is a feel-good throwback to the days when VW stood for flower power, not toxic pollutants."
      According to other sources, the production variant of the I.D Buzz will be very close to the concept, minus the retractable steering wheel.
      Whether it actually goes into production or not remains to be seen.
      Source: Automotive News Europe (Subscription Required)
      Pic Credit: NewspressUSA
    • By William Maley
      In 2005, Volkswagen was in dire straights. The company was going through a painful restructure and was looking into various ways to get itself back into shape. One of those ways was a possible deal with Daimler on possibly using their diesel technologies. But Volkswagen canceled the talks later that year and worked on their own diesel engines, which led to the cheating software and the mess it finds itself today.
      Bloomberg has learned from sources about a top-secret plan known as 'Project Tabletop'. The plan, spearheaded by then VW CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder, involved Volkswagen and Daimler possibly collaborating on projects and a possible deal where Volkswagen would get access to Diamler's BlueTec technologies for cleaning up diesel emissions by using urea injection. However, the talks were called off before an important meeting in August 2005. Sources claim that Volkswagen balked at cost of adding BlueTec to their vehicles -  about 1,000 euros per car. Plus, VW couldn't lower production costs to compensate for.
      Instead, Volkswagen would go on its own and continue working on their TDI engines. This got strong internal support from then chairman Ferdinand Piech. But it also brought a fair amount on controversy to Volkswagen's top management. Some believed that Volkswagen wouldn't be able to meet the stringent U.S. standards for diesel vehicles without the BlueTec technologies.
      Sure enough, in 2006, Volkswagen would begin developing the software cheat that would reduce emissions when it detected specific conditions to know it was being tested. It is unclear if there is a link between the deal falling through and development of the cheat.
      Source: Bloomberg

      View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

  • Who's Online (See full list)