Jump to content
Create New...
  • Drew Dowdell
    Drew Dowdell

    Jeep Reveals its First Pure EV - Jeep Wagoneer S

      The first fully electric Jeep will arrive in the U.S. later in 2024.

    2025 Jeep Wagoneer S Interior DashboardJeep shared some more details of the upcoming Jeep Wagoneer S today.  While it shares its name with the Ram 1500-sized Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer, Jeep is billing this new entry to its lineup as a mid-size.  Looking roughly similar to the Grand Cherokee in size, the Wagoneer S cuts a more athletic profile. While no performance specs were released with this announcement, Jeep has previously said it is targeting 600 horsepower, a 3.5-second 0-60 time, and up to a 400-mile range.  We will have to wait and see if those numbers hold up.  The Wagoneer S will maintain some off-road prowess in spite of its city looks with a Selec-Terrain dial to adjust the S for various surface conditions. Standard features will include a dual-pane panoramic sunroof and a McIntosh 19-speaker, premium flagship audio system.

    Interestingly, as the Jeep Wagoneer S is built on the Stellantis STLA-Large platform, Jeep could also offer this as a gasoline hybrid as well, though no hints of that have been made.

    The 2025 Jeep Wagoneer S goes into production this summer for a late Fall 2024 launch

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Have to say it is very sharp looking, but will have to wait and see how their new EV actually works out as I am curious about the powertrain details and the battery pack details.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I cannot figure out what they are doing with the Wagoneer brand.  They make the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer "not Jeep", but style them like Jeeps. Seriously, go to the Jeep page, and Wagoneer is treated as a separate brand. And now the new EV (which looks great) is a Jeep Wagoneer S.

    So my suspicion is that Jeep has some weird crush on Land Rover / Range Rover, and now we're going to get these weird brand mashups that happened before the JLR consolidation where you'd buy a Land Rover Range Rover, Land Rover Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Range Rover Velar, and Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.

    • Haha 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    37 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    I cannot figure out what they are doing with the Wagoneer brand.  They make the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer "not Jeep", but style them like Jeeps. Seriously, go to the Jeep page, and Wagoneer is treated as a separate brand. And now the new EV (which looks great) is a Jeep Wagoneer S.

    So my suspicion is that Jeep has some weird crush on Land Rover / Range Rover, and now we're going to get these weird brand mashups that happened before the JLR consolidation where you'd buy a Land Rover Range Rover, Land Rover Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Range Rover Velar, and Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.

    Makes me wonder if the Jeep Wagoneer S will fall under the 4XE segment or if it will get it's own electric segment.

    image.png

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I can see the new advertisement now:  "The all-new Wagoneer S, now with more Chevy Blazer!"

    It is hard to tell what Jeep is doing with their whole brand.  Sales are down about 36% since 2019, and they just killed the Renegade so they'll probably drop more.  The Gladiators are like $10,000 off now since no one wants them, and no one wants the Wagoneer either because it is way overpriced.  

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    27 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    I can see the new advertisement now:  "The all-new Wagoneer S, now with more Chevy Blazer!"

    It is hard to tell what Jeep is doing with their whole brand.  Sales are down about 36% since 2019, and they just killed the Renegade so they'll probably drop more.  The Gladiators are like $10,000 off now since no one wants them, and no one wants the Wagoneer either because it is way overpriced.  

    All the past buyers were heavy 2wd, 4 banger models. They killed off all the entry level so getting these folks to then move up the ladder to better equipped 4x4 models is gone. 

    I think the American brands are not getting much love by the Stellantis European overlords.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, David said:

    All the past buyers were heavy 2wd, 4 banger models. They killed off all the entry level so getting these folks to then move up the ladder to better equipped 4x4 models is gone. 

    I think the American brands are not getting much love by the Stellantis European overlords.

    Well if they kill the Compass next and make the Grand Cherokee the "entry level" Jeep, they are in real trouble.  

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    23 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    Well if they kill the Compass next and make the Grand Cherokee the "entry level" Jeep, they are in real trouble.  

    @Drew Dowdell did mention that Jeep seems to be wanting to move up scale into the luxury market. Makes me wonder who will service the bottom end. Kia?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    38 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    Well if they kill the Compass next and make the Grand Cherokee the "entry level" Jeep, they are in real trouble.  

    Compass sales have cratered because they've jacked the price way up. Pick any options on the base model besides color, and you're instantly catapulted into a Latitude and to about $32k. Another thousand dollars gets you into a vastly superior Honda CR-V EX AWD.  The Compass isn't a bad vehicle, but it doesn't have the room or interior to go up against the big players in the segment. They also lease horribly.  Who's paying $548 a month for a 48-month lease on a Compass with $3k down?

    They'll use the poor sales as an excuse to cancel it.  An EV replacement for the Cherokee is coming, but it will get a new name and, I'm sure, a hefty new price tag.

    • Haha 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    14 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    Compass sales have cratered because they've jacked the price way up. Pick any options on the base model besides color, and you're instantly catapulted into a Latitude and to about $32k. Another thousand dollars gets you into a vastly superior Honda CR-V EX AWD.  The Compass isn't a bad vehicle, but it doesn't have the room or interior to go up against the big players in the segment. They also lease horribly.  Who's paying $548 a month for a 48-month lease on a Compass with $3k down?

    They'll use the poor sales as an excuse to cancel it.  An EV replacement for the Cherokee is coming, but it will get a new name and, I'm sure, a hefty new price tag.

    Hard for the Compass to compete at those prices against the Kia EV6 here in AWD which has a Lease of $349 per month for 36 months and you can use the $7,500 IRA instant rebate as the down payment.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 minute ago, David said:

    Hard for the Compass to compete at those prices against the Kia EV6 here in AWD which has a Lease of $349 per month for 36 months and you can use the $7,500 IRA instant rebate as the down payment.

    It's not really the same class of vehicle. Kia wants to call it a crossover, but its a sporty hatch.

    • Agree 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    40 minutes ago, David said:

    @Drew Dowdell did mention that Jeep seems to be wanting to move up scale into the luxury market. Makes me wonder who will service the bottom end. Kia?

    Kia is also moving up market, dropping the Rio, K5, the Soul is dying too.  They want you to buy Tellurides and EV's for $55k.

    They are all moving up market because they think there is an endless amount of people that can afford $55k new cars, but there aren't.

    Tesla if they really deliver on the sub $30k compact crossover before tax credit will take massive market share since by then people won't be able to afford Kias and Mazdas anymore.

    • Facepalm 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    17 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    It's not really the same class of vehicle. Kia wants to call it a crossover, but its a sporty hatch.

    True, but at the price point which one would you like to own is how i see it.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    34 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    Compass sales have cratered because they've jacked the price way up. Pick any options on the base model besides color, and you're instantly catapulted into a Latitude and to about $32k. Another thousand dollars gets you into a vastly superior Honda CR-V EX AWD.  The Compass isn't a bad vehicle, but it doesn't have the room or interior to go up against the big players in the segment. They also lease horribly.  Who's paying $548 a month for a 48-month lease on a Compass with $3k down?

    They'll use the poor sales as an excuse to cancel it.  An EV replacement for the Cherokee is coming, but it will get a new name and, I'm sure, a hefty new price tag.

    The Compass is smaller than a Honda HRV or Chevy Trax/Trailblazer, and the same size as a Mazda CX-30 or Kia Seltos.   The Cherokee before they killed it was actually about the size of the Rav4 and CRV.   That makes the price even more not worth it, I haven't driven a Compass or a Seltos, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Seltos or CX-30 were better and they cost like $5,000 less.

    Jeep is a mess outside of the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee, and really Stellantis is a mess outside of the Ram 1500, the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee.  

    Fiat - Gone

    Alfa - sales disaster

    Chrysler - 1 minivan that is dated

    Dodge - 1 Alfa Romeo that is overpriced and built on the same disaster platform of the Compass, and a 13 year old Durango on 17 year old Daimler platform

    Maserati - even greater sales disaster

    Ram - killed the Promaster City, Promaster is the worst van of the full sizers

    The whole thing is a mess.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    13 minutes ago, David said:

    True, but at the price point which one would you like to own is how i see it.

    You can actually price a Compass Limited well over $45k without even going to a Trailhawk.  But here is the problem with the Compass in one screen shot with similar equipment and features:

    Screenshot2024-01-30at10_07_14PM.thumb.png.641f96c498f2f188eaffb43cb687e6c7.png

    • Facepalm 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

    You can actually price a Compass Limited well over $45k without even going to a Trailhawk.  But here is the problem with the Compass in one screen shot with similar equipment and features:

    Screenshot2024-01-30at10_07_14PM.thumb.png.641f96c498f2f188eaffb43cb687e6c7.png

    WOW, talk about going out of the room to compare to something that was NEVER brought up by Drew or myself. I was comparing to make it clear here that you can get the Kia EV6 for less in a lease @ $349 than the Compass that Drew quoted with a lease of $548.

    This was never a comparison of Compass to a Model Y.

    Yet since you brought it up, Tesla shows that a Lease of the Model Y cheapest is $429, still more than the lease of a Kia EV6.

    image.png

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Point being that the Compass is a ripoff at anything in the $35-45k range.  A loaded up Kia Seltos is about $32k.    At $45k we are talking Lexus/Audi compact crossover money.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • google-news-icon.png



  • Community Hive Community Hive

    Community Hive allows you to follow your favorite communities all in one place.

    Follow on Community Hive
  • google-news-icon.png

  • Subscribe to Cheers & Gears

    Cheers and Gears Logo

    Since 2001 we've brought you real content and honest opinions, not AI-generated stuff with no feeling or opinions influenced by the manufacturers.

    Please consider subscribing. Subscriptions can be as little as $1.75 a month, and a paid subscription drops most ads.*
     

    You can view subscription options here.

    *a very limited number of ads contain special coupon deals for our members and will show

  • Similar Content

  • Posts

    • Interesting another one bites the dust. Mercedes that had in 2021 said it would be an EV only company by 2030 has in their Q4 call stated they will not put an end date on ICE, and they are now aiming to have 50% of global sales as EV. Mercedes Benz ditches plan to sell only EVs by 2030 (msn.com) Mercedes-Benz Group 2023 results*: Cash generation at work | Mercedes-Benz Media
    • I will stand corrected as I see Ford CEO in Dec 15 2023 confirmed that they were moving forward with Google on the Qualcomm Android system in supporting the use of Android Auto and Apple Carplay system.  I lumped Ford in with GM as a year earlier with the Qualcomm Announcement they said they would protect the data by not using the cell phone connectivity. I guess customers have spoken and Ford has changed back to replacing Sync in all their ICE and EV autos with the use of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. That I am very happy about.  I tried to find the story I wrote about the Qualcomm Android Auto system where GM and Ford along with a few others had stated in moving to this system they would protect customers data by not allowing Android Auto / Apple Carplay and would use the software API SDK to create their own software interface.  I did a quick search across the news stories but could not find that story.  Yet THANK YOU, having found the news stories on Ford CEO in December 2023 stating they will stick with the ability to use it is GREAT and I am very happy for that as I think GM is making a BIG BIG BIG mistake. Yet it is a switch that they can flip back on. Hopefully Mary and team will get their act together and turn on the support for Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
    • Ok, so I'll say something about this video. It's mostly pros:  - nice cabin; they even did the Malibu thing with the fabric on the dash - unobtrusive touch screen in terms of its placement and sensibly placed controls  - the hideous diagonal for the cubby under the center stack is gone - much nicer treatment of the rear passenger window where it meets the C-pillar - it no longer looks like a '72 Caprice  - better side profile and rear taillights - we know the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder, assuming it stays the same Neutral: - well, with the hybrid, a CVT comes onto the scene ... if it lasts at least 200,000 miles with diligent maintenance, I can't complain  Cons: - the console height between the bucket seats is a little too high for my taste - the front grille continues on as an appliance; whether in base model form or aggressively styled sporty model form.  It can very easily be "fixed" - thicken the center cross-member where the bumper supposedly is and raise it up a little from the ground.  It's still too much - less is more.
    • Why are you grouping Ford with GM here? To the best of my knowledge, Ford has not announced abandoning CarPlay or AndroidAuto. 
    • Pure semantics (although Honda did, in fact, install their own form of the software) as the bigger point was made and confirmed by your post. GM screwed up six ways from Sunday by going their own way with the software side of things. ZERO background in it prior but "HEY! We're GM! Let's a proven tech and make it absolute hot garbage in form and execution". On a side note... Not four months ago, I caught absolute hell (although less so the last three months because well, you know 😎) for pointing out GMs screw ups, knowing all I had to do was sit back let GM speak for themselves and now here we are. I am not saying GM can't or won't figure this out but the next time a fanfic tells me "That was forty years ago GM", I am going to point to this and the host of other screw ups brought on by GM as my vindication lol. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • My Clubs

×
×
  • Create New...

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search