Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Interesting Idea...

Newbiewar

That is the main problem with small trucks declining market because they are just too big now... all midsized trucks! Why buy a Colorado for 30k when you can get a silverado for 33K? The fuel economy isn't all that different either. So I think a true light duty compact pickup would do the market well!

I think it's a great idea. Something new at little cost for GM to do. People love the idea of being able to buy wood chips and things of that nature when the go to Home Depot, but the problem is current gas prices. I think a small p/u is a great idea.

well the delta HHR is FWD for one.  Don't think anyone would want a tiny truck. Tiny interior, tiny egine, tiny tow ratings. You get the idea.

[post="12202"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

maybe a truck of that size would be more practical, and its rated to tow 1000 lbs... so maybe thats not a lot, but maybe thats all someone needs instead of a full size pickup or a colorodo... why not have a car based truck? that really isnt a truck at all just a more useful car? cause some people haul around some big stuff...

I was just saying its an idea that popped into my mind... can we get a photo chop that be pretty cool...

Weren't you guys all over the Ridgeline, a car-based "truck"?

[post="12606"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

but that is trying to apear as a fullsize truck...

I mean I've seen lawn mowers coming out of the back of a camry before... people dont always need a truck for the power, maybe just a little bit of large items that may not weigh very much... an HHR truck wouldnt be anywhere near the compeition of a ridgeline, totally different market, besides some people like to drive trucks but maybe dont want the gas efficency of them

I honestly think and HHR truck would be a great idea. Regular and extended cab models with the normal Ecotec standard and supercharged engine optional. I wasn't hating on your idea, just trying to stir up controversy. :P Does anyone want to attempt a chop?

maybe a truck of that size would be more practical, and its rated to tow 1000 lbs... so maybe thats not a lot, but maybe thats all someone needs instead of a full size pickup or a colorodo... why not have a car based truck?  that really isnt a truck at all just a more useful car?  cause some people haul around some big stuff...

I was just saying its an idea that popped into my mind... can we get a photo chop that be pretty cool...

[post="12605"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay a car based truck is a better idea then a small truck.

In Austrailia GM has Utes.

But your speaking that people might need the space to haul stuff around....occasionally. NOt worht it scafifice the fun of a car for the once or twice a year I could use a truck.

Okay a car based truck is a better idea then a small truck.

In Austrailia GM has Utes.

But your speaking that people might need the space to haul stuff around....occasionally. NOt worht it scafifice the fun of a car for the once or twice a year I could use a truck.

[post="12686"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I mean havent you had a time when you could really borrow a truck?

or like you are trying to put your brand new TV or Monitor in your car through the door but it just doesnt fit... or something stupid...

If you had something that was capable and was small so it could get decent gas mileage I think it would be a good idea... perhaps it wont sell 10k a month, but if its on the same platform its already being mass produced...

The problem with FWD is the whole put the weight over the drive wheels thing, if you hook a trailer up to an HHR based FWD pickup, bad things will probably happen. They would be best off making AWD standard. That with the 2.4L EcoTec would be more than capable of making Home Depot run and pulling a jet ski to the lake.

I think originally there existed plans for either a Saturn Vue-like truck or a small unibody Pontiac truck.

I think GM would do VERY well with an idea like this though, but maybe not so much for Pontiac or Saturn now.

Why not an AWD Delta truck? Or better yet (If Kappa could've been modified) a Kappa based truck. (Which, BTW one publication actually said the H3T was Kappa based)

When I was in Brazil earlier this year, the Chevy Montana was every where. It is a cute, small truck and there were a lot of them, especially in Sao Paulo. I snapped pics of them, but I am an idiot and don'tknow how to post them here. This truck would definitely sell here.