Buick.com Website Update

Paolino

I was curious as to when the Buick website would be updated with changes/images for 2007, so I contacted them, and they responded.

I told the guy I was interested in the 2007 LaCrosse and Lucerne. He said the site was to be updated on 8/15/06, with the 2007 information/specs.

He listed the changes for the 2007 LaCrosse and Lucerne--in the same format we saw here on C&G. However, there were 3 I recalled he missed on the LaCrosse. He didn't mention the new steering wheel, new woodgrain, nor new gauges... and we've seen pictures, so we know this is going to happen.

All the changes on the Lucerne were the same as what we knew.

I'm anxious to see the new interior of the LaCrosse (albeit a small update), and new exterior colors of both the LaCrosse and Lucerne.

You're a madman!!!  J/K.  Good info.  What did you dial "1-800-4ABUICK"?

170280[/snapback]

No, I clicked the "contact us" link on the website homepage.

to include less overpriced golf bull$h!

170282[/snapback]

Isn't amazing how they ram this down our throat? I once went into a Buick dealership in WA state and the guy starts showing me some cars, opens the trunk, and says something like 'great space for your golf bag,' assuming I golfed. Sorry, dude, don't have one and don't think I ever will.

When I have questions, I just email Buick directly from Buick.com - they're very good at replying and it's an honest-to-god Buick/GM employee who responds... not some stupid form letter/email reply.

Yeah pauli, what number did you call?

edit... you answered the question :)

Also, I found the Buick merchandise store... Don't know why I've missed it.

http://www.buickmerchandise.com/

Edited by VenSeattle

Also, I found the Buick merchandise store... Don't know why I've missed it. 

http://www.buickmerchandise.com/

170285[/snapback]

My God... if I wore one of those golf shirts, I'd easily get into bars and clubs no problem... because they would assume I'm 67 years old.

I'll bet I'd get senior's discounts if I wore the shirt to Country Kitchen Buffet, or wherever old people eat breakfast at like six in the morning.

My God... if I wore one of those golf shirts, I'd easily get into bars and clubs no problem... because they would assume I'm 67 years old.

I'll bet I'd get senior's discounts if I wore the shirt to Country Kitchen Buffet, or wherever old people eat breakfast at like six in the morning.

170299[/snapback]

Heh... you can pick the Buick logos that goes on the shirt. It doesn't have to read "BUICK GOLF"

How about updating the Buick Merchandise Store to include less overpriced golf bull$h! and more good items?

170282[/snapback]

You aren't kidding! I'd consider buying Buick merchandise if the word GOLF and the Nike logo weren't plastered everywhere. I like Buick for its cars... not for golf.

There's nothing wrong with golfing.  It's a gentleman's sport for both young and old.  It also gives a good reference on the size of a trunk. 

Not that I golf.

170397[/snapback]

I agree. Buick and Golf go way back. Their relationship doesn't bother me in the least. I plan to learn one day... some day...

There's nothing wrong with golfing.  It's a gentleman's sport for both young and old.  It also gives a good reference on the size of a trunk. 

Not that I golf.

170397[/snapback]

Well, I do golf, and to be fair, I'm not exactly partial to Nike's equipment. But to be honest, I don't see or forsee too many people buying shirts with a Buick logo on them, let alone likely paying a premium. Besides, Titleist is awesomer...

As for the trunk deal, I guess it is a good reference, but the salesman could maybe also say wheelchair, luggage, stroller and make it sound a little less "product placement"

• 3 weeks later...

Paolino, solamente quattro e mezzo giorni di uscire pazzi. Poi sara' possibile esaminare la website con i nuovi modelli e vedere i nuovi cambiali per i colori e le stoffe per l'interiore.

E sara' anche il compleanno di mio padre...pero' lui e morto. :( Ma lui usciva pazzo per le Buick e le Oldsmobile...tutti gli altri macchine non ci interessavano.

• 2 weeks later...

The site is updated... it looks the same, but if you go into the photos of the LaCrosse and Lucerne, theyre new. The LaCrosse plood looks, dare I say, like a dramatic improvement. The photos however, are HORRIBLE of the car--whoever shot them has no idea what theyre doing.

Whoah.. the price of the Lucerne CXL V6 went up by about $1300! That's a bit much--

over $29,000 for a car with a 197hp V6 and a 4-speed auto?

Whoah.. the price of the Lucerne CXL V6 went up by about $1300!  That's a bit much--

over $29,000 for a car with a 197hp V6 and a 4-speed auto?

186289[/snapback]

When I configure the 2007 Buick Lucerne exactly like my 2006 Buick Lucerne, the final summary page says:

Congratulations on Building Your Lucerne CXL V6!

Total MSRP:* $33,540.00

The only problem is that the picture Buick shows of my new CXL V6 is actually a V8 with 4 portholes and fog lamps.

Maybe a few tweeks are due so as not to mislead you as to the final appearance of your car.

When I configure the 2007 Buick Lucerne exactly like my 2006 Buick Lucerne, the final summary page says:

Congratulations on Building Your Lucerne CXL V6!

Total MSRP:* $33,540.00

The only problem is that the picture Buick shows of my new CXL V6 is actually a V8 with 4 portholes and fog lamps.

Maybe a few tweeks are due so as not to mislead you as to the final appearance of your car.

186297[/snapback]

Well, usually on the Buick site it has an asterisk with a note that says "CXS model shown" or something like that. Maybe it has that on the configure page?

Well, usually on the Buick site it has an asterisk with a note that says "CXS model shown" or something like that.  Maybe it has that on the configure page?

186300[/snapback]

Yes, it has that stipulation on the original page where you select your model selection but no where after does it say anything at all. On the summary page where it supposedly shows the car you have built, it has no note stating it is not the model you have built.