2006 BMW X5

regfootball

much cooler than the lamo mercedes M class

the dark tan leather is gorgeous!!!!!!!!! i want to lick it!!!!

I have WOOD for that WOOD!

the metal is gorgeous!

fold up armrests that sit side by side! THANK YOU! no more narrow arm hurting armrests!

interior shot

well, this pretty much is at the top of my most wanted list for SUV's. escalade, you had a nice 3 month run in the market. Although the Range Rover is still pretty cool. DAMN, how cool would it be to be rich?

Edited by regfootball

Not bad... kinda conservative, but there are still some nice arty details.

177439[/snapback]

Don't you feel alone in the middle of regfootball's signature multi-post? :AH-HA_wink:

I like the exterior but in some shots it looks wussy and in others it looks hot. The interior is alright but all that black plastic, no matter how good of quality, looks better suited in a non-luxury SUV. It seems like designers ran out of ideas and just decided to throw black plastic there. The wood does look good, though.

Has their been another previously?

177750[/snapback]

nope. BMW invented HUD and it is a revolutinary invention. it borrows from fighter jet technology and allows the driver to simply refocus his eyes without taking them off the road - it is estimated that this could save countless lives each year in the USA. BMW is to be commended for leading the automotive industry with breakthrough technology and bringing it to everyday people, something no other automotive manufacturer has ever done. ever.

BMW - A Company of Ideas!!!

Has their been another previously?

177750[/snapback]

I could have gotten HUD on my Aztek.....in 2002 even

i think HUD debuted in like the 89 Grand Prix or something. GM did hud way back when. Just like the 85 riv had the touch screen panel.

Edited by regfootball

To be fair BMW of NA, perhaps more aware of the GM crossovers, merely states that the X5 is the "Only vehicle in its segment with … Head-Up Display"—perfectly correct, as the only other two companies to have embraced the technology do not offer it in their X5 competitors (FX35/45 and Cadillac SRX).

More details here; lemme do a FlyBold...

Arguably the first SUV that put the emphasis on "Sport", the BMW X5 has been redesigned for 2007. The new X5 is 7.4 inches longer and 2.4 inches wider than its predecessor. The extra length allows optional 3rd row seats. Engine choices include a 260-bhp 3.0L inline-6 (X5 3.0si) or a 350-bhp 4.8L V-8 (X5 4.8i). Both engines are mated to 6-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmissions. BMW claims 0-60 mph in 6.4 seconds (X5 4.8i) and 7.8 seconds (X5 3.0si). All models are equipped with xDrive AWD. New safety & handling enhancements include Active Roll Stabilization, Dynamic Traction Control, rearview camera, and Adaptive Drive. All X5 model have run flat tires. BMW also added standard iDrive on the new X5.

The active sway bars should help improve ride quality and off-road performance, things that the current X5 can benefit from.

This is the first 7-seat SUV that doesn't look motherly.

• 4 weeks later...

More details here; lemme do a FlyBold...

The active sway bars should help improve ride quality and off-road performance, things that the current X5 can benefit from.

This is the first 7-seat SUV that doesn't look motherly.

179418[/snapback]

This is exactly why my BF is now salivating over this SUV!