Camaro Officially Official

Dragon

I really thought they would make it to production sooner than 09. With some guys being able to buy them out right and me needing to finance. I imagine the camaro I have already starting saving for and arguing with the wife about is more like three years away. That really sucks.

178481[/snapback]

Check that release again—production starts in late '08. As such they may market it as a 2009 model.

"and will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009."

178659[/snapback]

"The all-new Camaro will begin with early production versions at the end of 2008 and will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009."

The first quarter of 2009 is in the 2008 calendar year, isn't it?

I never doubted for a second... but it's very nice to know it's official. :spin:

D*mn Wags looks tall in that pic.

178420[/snapback]

The Camaro concept is more "lower-longer-wider" than almost any

modern GM car (except for the Corvette) that I can think of.

Yes...

It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if they start selling them in 09 and CAN market them as a 2010, I think they should still be calling them a 2009 MY. That way they can do a special edition commemorating the 40th anniversary of the 69..

Looks like they brought the rolling car to Traverse City and the "real" concept to the GM Heritage Center:

Posted Image

178407[/snapback]

Yes, the real one is in the design center lobby right now!! I drive by it everyday and drool!! Way to go GM, put that in your pipe and smoke it Toyota!! I believe I am going to have to attend the show on Saturday.

To start from scratch, from concept to validation runs can take a long time.  It has to be designed to be flexible, which takes longer than dedicated tooling too.  Plus, if they are planning to build it in Oshawa, Plant #2 isn’t scheduled for shutdown till 2008, so its gonna be a while before they can install it.  Unless the move production out of plant #2 before then.

We are in the final stages of building the line for the rear frame of the next Seqouia and it has taken about 10-11 months, and it still has to be validated down at the customers.

178513[/snapback]

2.5 years is about as quick as it gets. Usually these guys work on cars for about 5 years before finally releasing them.

2.5 years is about as quick as it gets.  Usually these guys work on cars for about 5 years before finally releasing them.

179036[/snapback]

I assume also they have been doing some development work already on it... since the time of the concept or so...

The only reason is it is not 5 years is they have already got a lot of things ready for this car already and they nust need to finish what was already started.

I wish more people would learn to watch and read what Fbodfather tells us. He is the guy in the know and will give you the most info anyone can outside the GM gate.

He has already warned us the new RWD Impala styling is a home run. I can't wait till Detroit in January I have a feeling we might get a himt at what to expect.

Imagine what kind of of impact the new Impala, Malibu, Sting Ray and Camaro will have on the Chevy line up with a updated turbo HHR and Cobalt coming soon after. A dash of El camino would just spice it up a little more with a old idea gone new again.