Edmunds Evalution: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport

Variance

Edmunds Evalution: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport

Posted Image

Infiniti has left the car's size, layout and winning combination of luxury, performance and price essentially unchanged, while improving every aspect of the vehicle. A neat trick, one that has earned the gang a few rowdy nights at the Grand Ol' Opry, and one that will keep the G35 on the top rung of the midsize-performance-luxury-sedan market.

Read "Full Test: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport" @ Edmunds

I like it but will it be fresh looking 30 months from now?

at least if they were doing a MCE, they went about it the right way. cheaper than a full redesign but enough new to really improve the car. GM could learn a thing or two.

the kicker, its still not a BMW. LOL. and they try SO hard.

in my mind inifiniti really just wants to be lexus' with GOOD handling.

this car won't be cheap to fix when rich daddy's kid gets one for HS graduation once the 3 year leases are turned in.

no stick with the AWD? Losers.

Edited by regfootball

I'm a little underwhelmed by the car. It looks great no doubt, but it looks more MMC than FMC, seems like they decided to baby step their way forward on the evolution chart. Still though, the G35 is nothing to sneeze at but the interior still looks slightly downmarket from competitors like Acura and Lexus. I think maybe even the new CTS interior might look better than the G35's. The gauges in the dash cluster should've stayed amber as the new ones are too similar to Acura's offerings which use blue/white combo throughout their cars.

Edited by big blue

It looks like a facelift, not a redesign.

188295[/snapback]

Wait until you see it in person.....believe it or not, it looks very little like the current G35.....when you see it in person....the small detailing changes, the stance, the roofline all conspire to separate it nicely from the current model.

I saw one right here in Aliso Viejo....(with a MI mfr plate on it) and it was actually VERY handsome....and if anything, from the rear, I mistook it for an M35 before I got up close to it.

The IS350 is fresher, sharper, and more dynamic from a styling standpoint.

I've seen the G in person and still don't understand what all the buzz is about. It's gained weight in all the wrong places, retains it's derivative greenhouse, and is softer-looking overall than the outgoing model. The front-fascia looks awkward and too much like the M. No thanks.

The IS350 is fresher, sharper, and more dynamic from a styling standpoint. 

I've seen the G in person and still don't understand what all the buzz is about.  It's gained weight in all the wrong places, retains it's derivative greenhouse, and is softer-looking overall than the outgoing model.  The front-fascia looks awkward and too much like the M.  No thanks.

189308[/snapback]

Wow, talk about complete disagreement.

It didn't gain that much weight, I don't see what's "derivative" about the greenhouse and I think it looks more aggressive than the previous generation -- particularly the front end, which speaking of which, does not look all that much like the M. Even if it did, what's wrong with having a family resemblance?

^ I agree with Variance also. This car is basicaly better in ever way. I'm happy that the size is intact, and as the article says, they didn't make any radical changes to the exterior because it's been so successful for them. If I were Infinti I would have taken the same course of action. It's just nice to see that the interior is finally up to par with competitors; that was my main concern. The center console, guages... everything's much better in that regard. I think the interior looks great, especially with the Rosewood interior (my favorite wood from any car offering). Sure, the IS is nice, but I find it's to small for me. Ditto for the new 3, which is an awesome car to, but to cramped. In this segment, my focus would be on this G or the NG CTS.

Edited by titan

Just like the new MDX, this is growing on me, too.  At first, I didn't like the floating headlights and weird hood cut line but it isn't that bad.  Just stay away from the fake-looking wood and you'll be alright.

188043[/snapback]

Interesting... to each his own, I guess. I think the floating headlamps has a clean and cool look to them. Same goes for the hood, and how it rises near the fenders. I totally disagree about the wood... nothing fake-looking about it. How can real wood look fake? Because it has a matte finish?