Fall 2006 Carlisle

I am now leaning toward not going. I am too wiped out: between 2 jobs and family commitments, I don't think I have 4-5 hours of round-trip drive time in me. Can't get off tomorrow, either. This sucks royally: I opted out of Fall Englishtown, the local steam & tractor show, it rained Lead East weekend... and now Hershey scratched. I haven't gone to a show/swap meet since spring. Bummed.....

ocn, technically, the flea market and car corral open at 7:00 AM and I'm sure that's when many of the show cars start to arrive (if not earlier). Last year due to the rain, I got there around 9 AM and many vendors were either gone or packing up (it was raining pretty hard). 2004 I got there around 7 AM and I still didn't have enough time to see everything! Honestly, when 2:00 comes around I don't know where the time went. Usually around 4:00 is when I make my way to the Hershey's Chocolate World to ride the Chocolate Tour and then make my obligatory stop for candy (can;t go home without bringing some treats back!). I have always stopped for a bite to eat before leaving Hershey around 5:30/6:00 PM. And remember, I have about a two-hour drive back to NJ!!! I say stick around and stay for dinner - it will be nice not to have to eat alone this year! :lol:

Balthazar, I know what you mean. Either I've had other things bump my plans (family or work), weather not cooperating, or just not feeling well/just too tired to attend local and not-so-local shows over the last two years. However, I don't let anyone or anything stop me from going to Hershey. My dad first took me there in 1989 when I was 14 y-o, and I haven't missed a show since! This year there were some changes at work (a little less responsibility) so now I'm not as tired as I have been over the last four years (granted, I'm still tired - luckly not over tired yet). Reconsider - the show, as you know, is always a great one.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Well, it quit drizzling and it turned out to be a very decent fall day. Sooooo many awesome cars. And of course it was great to meet Oldsmoboi, his friend, Dominatrix, and GMTruckGuy74. A good bunch of guys. :)

I'm sure some pictures will be posted when everyone gets home. I'll be looking forward to reliving it! The Futurliner is an awesome vehicle, among many others present.

Edited by ocnblu

Ahhh....thanks for sharing those pics guys! Really enjoyed seeing them ... sure wish I could've been there, too.

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

The fall meet of the Historical Car Club of Pennsylvania takes place on Sunday the 15th at Delaware County Community College from 9:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M.

I expect to be there.

200434[/snapback]

This show is happening right now. I saw a few cars headed there when I went out for my coffee this morning. I really don't have the energy to clean-up a car for it, but I think I'll go see the show anyway. Anyone else going to be there?