Great Wall Motor Company - China

HarleyEarl

I can't believe their "official" website has the same cheap translations that you get on the instructions for the numerous cheap pieces of plastic crap that China sells in dollar stores.

Example:

BRIEF INTRODUCTION

Equipped with the Mitsubishi 4G 64 engine, CUV meets Euro-III emission standard. Hover CUV incorporates the features of passenger car, SUV and station wagon, and meets the desire of urban appealing for off-road. With its exceptional off-road capability, Hover CUV is able to handle country and rough roads easily. Meanwhile, Hover CUV is roomy with advanced occupant safety systems and exciting ride and handling.

Better Example:

POWER INTRODUCTION

Delphi multi-point ele-fuel injection system, constant and ample driving power, incorporated strong power, high torch and low consumption three advantages.

Hope that "torch" doesn't start any fires! :lol:

http://www.gwm.com.cn/eng/html/product/hover_intro.asp

And the very sad thing is that Americans will buy it....and probably even claim it's better than domestic.

Edited by BrewSwillis

I can't believe their "official" website has the same cheap translations that you get on the instructions for the numerous cheap pieces of plastic crap that China sells in dollar stores.

Example:

Better Example:

Hope that "torch" doesn't start any fires!  :lol:

"Luxury enjoyment give you successful feeling."

"5-speed Mamual Transmission"

"Warm-toned Inner Decoration Up-part with weak color"

Edit: this gives me a great idea. Make a program that takes random words in the English language and puts them together in a sentence. I will call the program... "Speak Engrish how Chinese do!"

Edited by siegen

Laugh now, but mark my words, Chinese cars are getting better and better and eventually they are going to make inroads into our market. This is a decent looking vehicle, it used to be their styling was laughable. When they get the quality thing tightened up, it could be worriesome.

Saddly, Ihave to agree with Harley to some degree...

Many laughed at the 1950s Datsuns & Toyopets.

Laugh now, but mark my words, Chinese cars are getting better and better and eventually they are going to make inroads into our market.  This is a decent looking vehicle, it used to be their styling was laughable.  When they get the quality thing tightened up, it could be worriesome.

192412[/snapback]

No kidding, in 10 years these things will be all over the place over here and they can probably sell an suv like this for 10 grand.

I get the feeling that not too many North American's will buy it... and I'll bet most customers will be those who REFUSE to buy a used car.

192223[/snapback]

Nah, Mitsu is still around to capture those buyers. When mitsubishi goes under, then Chinese cars will have a place on the bottom rung.

Kia and Hyundai are improving and the only really bad Suzukis are the rebadged Daewoos and the Aerio. The Suzuki SUVs are improving and Hyundai/Kia are viable competitors for American and Japanese cars in many areas, not just price. They may not be best in class, but they're not worst in class. Mitsu on the other hand doesn't advertise their halfway decent SUVs and their sedans are pretty low-rent. Add to that the fact that they're desperate enough to finance anyone who wants a car and I would say that they're bottom rung.