2006 Pontiac Solstice

That is one car that's can't have a bad picture.

That is true... Well, maybe not. I've seen some pics that make the front look pretty bad. I do think the front needs refined a bit. Especially the headlights. They look outdated compared to the Miata's. Why do they have to look so cheap? Same with the DRLs/fogs... Why? These are instances where the General lacks attention to detail. I realize that it was developed rather quickly; therefore causing this, but I would like to atleast see an update.. maybe for 07.

I can't wait until we have Miata Vs. Solstice loyalist fights. It will take a while but it WILL happen. I hope GM makes this great car even better. Too bad that the MR2 is not in the race, but it shows that Toyota is not an invincible car company, and can make big mistakes.

[post="14760"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Technically the MR2 goes against the Fiero. Edited by ToniCipriani

I do think the front needs refined a bit. Especially the headlights. They look outdated compared to the Miata's. Why do they have to look so cheap? Same with the DRLs/fogs... Why? These are instances where the General lacks attention to detail.

What the F are you talking about?? 'Outdated & cheap"?? I don't see any of that at all, sorry.

The Miata's headlamps (along with most of the car) look the same as they did 2, 5, and 10 years ago...

[post="14792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What the F are you talking about?? 'Outdated & cheap"?? I don't see any of that at all, sorry.

[post="14922"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe you guys should pay less attention to shape... And more attention to the headlight elements; the inards. Just compare the two. Which looks more expensive and more up to date? The Miata's. What you find on the Solstice can be found on entry-level vehicles.. Like a Cobalt . What you find on the Miata can be found on more expensive vehicles... Like a CTS. See what I'm seeing?

Not really. Perhaps its that Mazda spent so much time on the 'details' (that I still can't recognize) that it ended up looking like a refresh instead of a redesign, making the Miata as a whole look dated. "Can't see the forest but for the trees" comes to mind. This says nothing about driving dynamics, etc, but based soley on looks, Mazda took the prom queen while Pontiac brought the even-hotter chick.

First I will say I have always liked Miatas and have driven them extensively. But, the front and hood on this new one leaves me cold. The headlights harken back to dated Japanese car show design and the hood's cutline is bad, it's too obvious. Like it's saying, "here's my hood cutline".