Choppin' Competition #28 - Saturn Aura

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #28!

Posted Image

Saturn's new midsize Aura is certainly the talk of the town. We know near-future variants include a Green Line Hybrid and likely a Red Line performance version, but what can possibly be next? Its up to you.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to modify the Saturn Aura in any manner you see fit. Show us what the GL and RL versions will look like. Rumors are that Saturn will import an Opel for their midsize wagon, so one sharing the Aura name is appropriate. Coupes, convertibles, or simply make some subtle improvements to the current sedan. Whatever you think would add to the Aura.

Suggested Picture Sources...

Aura @ AutoDeadline

Aura @ SATURN.com (click 'Download Wallpaper')

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files. Also, please use only the Saturn Aura as your starting image.

The winner will recieve a Saturn-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Tuesday, September 26th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

I forgot to add that my chop isn't just a convertible with folding front seats, but the rear "suicide" doors open up to allow the rear passengers access...

193572[/snapback]

ah crap i see a winner there, looks great man. I was thinking of doing a 'vert but i forgot to add it before i finished lol oh well

OK, ....here's my "other" entry, ....now I figuire that saturn took the place of oldsmobile, so as justice would have it, the Saturn Auranado... :P

Now ya KNOW this is one hot car, cuz that's not just some happy sailboater behind the wheel, ...

.THAT is John Force !!!....and he's smil'in !!! :lol::P

& a totaly different technique on this one from the other one too.....:

Posted Image

...this one is all brushed out, BUT...man that's a pretty nice ass car !! :ohyeah:

IF Saturn built sumpin like this.....the GTO& the charger and the Mustang would ALL have a BAD DAY ! :o..not to mention the japo cars which wouid be looking for cover after seeing this bad boy !!! :yes:

I would buy this car !..it is subtle & nasty in the same instant ! :censored:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

OK, ....here's my "other" entry, ....now I figuire that saturn took the place of oldsmobile, so as justice would have it, the Saturn Auranado...  :P

Now ya KNOW this is one hot car, cuz that's not just some happy sailboater behind the wheel, ...

.THAT is John Force !!!....and he's smil'in !!! :lol:  :P

& a totaly different technique on this one from the other one too.....:

Posted Image

...this one is all brushed out, BUT...man that's a pretty nice ass car !! :ohyeah:

IF Saturn built sumpin like this.....the GTO& the charger and the Mustang would ALL have a BAD DAY ! :o..not to mention the japo cars which wouid be looking for cover after seeing this bad boy !!! :yes:

I would buy this car !..it is subtle & nasty in the same instant ! :censored:

194727[/snapback]

Suggestion: make the wheels in motion. It looks wierd as the background is in motion, whereas the car seems stationary.

LOL, says who? You should take a look at the direction Red Line models are going in, the ION and original VUEs didn't have the new Saturn signiture grill ^_^

Although I do see a problem with my submission, I just reread the rules and I may not be able to submit that image...I didn't start out with an Aura, I started out with a Vectra :duh:

um... its nice but... why didnt you lengthen the door and change the shape of the greenhouse? it literally looks like someone just welded the 2nd door shut and sanded it smooth

wow... much better... good job... glad to help haha

BTW, are those Jag XK wheels? I think you forgot to replace the badge...

197465[/snapback]

Yes they are jag wheels & I did change the logo caps to red & sliver Saturn rings. 8)...tho in the newer B&W version you cant see any of it, tho the clarify process wiped out the logos...oh well !, it did crisp up the pix a bit while keeping the illustration "stop action" look I wanted to it ^_^

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL