Escalade V-Series is coming

lakefire

It's ironic and sad that the SRX, a vehicle that has won just about universal praise from the automotive press, has not really been a huge sales success. It deserves more.

I'd like to see an Escalade V, maybe with a supercharger on the smallblock, and an SRX-V, with the STS' supercharged Northstar.

Sounds like a rumor. I think you should change the title because it sounds like you have actual information. From what we've all heard, the Escalade V-series was going to have a V-10 engine. An engine that was supposed to be made but was shelved because of rising gas prices.

Can you cite a source for us? I know the Escalade is getting a supercharged engine based on the 6.2L, but I am unaware what it's going to be called.

I don't want an Escalade-V. A supercharged model is fine, but not if they call it "V-Series." They should just make the next Platinum editions supercharged.

Before a V series that not really needed. Fix the major complaints first on the regular. Add bluetooth, express windows, power tilt tele wheel, AFM, And maybe fold flat seating. This is some of the biggest complaints I have heard to date. I check every week or so with my local dealer in NJ about updates to the Escalade. I heard on CG a while back to expect updates about 8-9 months after launch. While a V series would be cool, I think they should work on the more important issues right now.

I don't know about this, as I remember GM management stating they would not "V" the Escalade.

This makes sense given today's market.

I think consumers would be more willing to purchase a hybrid Escalade (which is in the works) or a more "exclusive" version of the SUV - think coach-built interior, different grill/bodywork/wheels, etc.

8) I will take a V Series Escalade. That would rock as it is perfect for us big guys that want performance but in an Auto we are comfortable in.

I bought my parents an SRX and they love it, yet while it is a Great Auto, Many people love the front end look, the blocky back end has not been well received.

many people say it is too station wagon on steriods for them. I have had two coworkers who ended up getting the FX45 as they did not like anything else out there. They did test the SRX but the back end was too blocky for them and ugly.

To each their own. The SRX is a great vehicle but needs the updated interior the CTS is getting and a bit of change in the back end. IMO

I think a V-Escalade would be great.

The first 7-passanger truck that can tow a houseboat while keeping up

with the Porsche Boxter in the 1/4 mile & the 325i on a roadcourse. :P