daves87rs    351

Heck, we weren't even expecting much from them this season-and then this

happens...

They pounded the Royals today, so they at least get a wild card spot. :ohyeah:

The farther they go-they happier I'll be. ^_^

*pinches self*

YES! :pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime:

daves87rs    351

I might have picked the Twins to win it all if Liriano didn't get hurt, but right now you've got to go with the Yankees.

197355[/snapback]

Nah, the Tigers would beat the Yankees...

Now, the A's are a different story....

Satty    338

I'd be wary of any team with a pitching staff that is either unproven in the postseason (Tigers,Twins) and of a team thats old and fragile (Yankees). I dont see how the Tigers have done it, their offense shut down in the second half (up until the last few days) and their pitching staff is Kenny Rogers and a bunch of youngn's. It would be a great story if they went all the way, but however they do in the playoffs, I have a feeling they will be the White Sox next year, less reliable pitching, not as many breaks. The Twins confuse me, they started off slow, then took off once Liriano was inserted into the rotation and haven't really looked back, even with Liriano being shut down. The Yankees have had their troubles this year but I really do like them to advance over whichever AL Central team they face in the playoffs. Mussina and Johnson aren't the aces they once were, I have a feeling that if the Yanks fail, it will be because one of those two breaks down. The A's seem solid, I think they're actually my pick for AL champions right now. The NL is just the Mets and a 15 team clusterf@#k.

regfootball    251

the twins have kicked ass without Radke also.

I am flabberghasted by it all. But hey, having anyone over 300 in the lineup and any 100 rbi guys is more rare than Nicole Richie at the KFC buffet.

Satty    338

Congrats to the A's, Mets and most of all the Tigers. What an improbable run so far, Rogers looked great in Game 3 and the Yanks couldn't hit for $h!. I think the Padres will come back over the Cards, I dont like Carpenter on short rest, even at home.

Northstar    11

I was very surprised by the Yankee-Tigers series. I guess great pitching can neutralize great hitting, but I was really expecting the Yanks to be unstoppable. That has to be one of the greatest if not the greatest lineup (non All-Star) in history. A-Rod hitting 8th (granted, this whole season was a huge slump)? And for Game 1 they had Cano, who was a few points from the batting title, hitting last?

But, give credit where it's due. The Tigers proved that it's not about what's on paper, it's about how you play in the game.

Satty    338

I really didn't think the Tigers pitchers would hold up, how many of them have set career highs in innings pictched and pitches thrown? Plus Rogers had been horrible in his previous playoff games. But the Tigers brought it and the Yanks didn't. Anyone else think A-Rod is a goner sooner rather than later? Texas is picking up a chucnk of his contract and if the Yanks picked up another chunk I could see a team taking a chance on him. San Fransisco maybe? The Yanks could get vindictive and ship him to Pittsburgh or another crappy team.

Northstar    11

Yeah, I can see A-Rod getting the boot in NY. I really think a move back to shortstop would be ideal for him. He was one of the best fielding shortstops in the game, and it seems that when he moved to 3rd base, he made more mistakes fielding which let to a decrease in performance at the plate, or at least that's my perspective. He did win the AL MVP last year at 3rd base, but this year it seems he had more fielding/throwing issues.

It's funny that the Yankees fans are so demanding that they boo a player on their team that was the MVP the year prior if he doesn't get a hit every at bat.

CSpec    515

I was shocked the Twins and Yanks went down without much of a fight. The Tigers stunk royally (pun!!!) at the end of the season and the Yankees had an unbelievable lineup, but it wasn't meant to be. Twins fans must be irate, but I was pretty thrilled when the Yankees lost. Too bad the best series of the playoffs was in the first round (Yanks-Tigers). The NL is a joke, so I won't bother watching any of NLCS.

z28luvr01    170

But the Tigers brought it and the Yanks didn't.  Anyone else think A-Rod is a goner sooner rather than later?  Texas is picking up a chucnk of his contract and if the Yanks picked up another chunk I could see a team taking a chance on him.  San Fransisco maybe?  The Yanks could get vindictive and ship him to Pittsburgh or another crappy team.

202539[/snapback]

I'd love to see that happen, since nobody in the clubhouse likes him, and he's too much of a distraction. New York is too much for him. If they could get one or two good young arms for him, I'd be thrilled. However, it looks like Torre's getting the boot instead, to be replaced by Lou Piniella. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Sheffield can go too - he's another cancer in the clubhouse. Abreu can pick up the slack offensively.

Gotta hand it to the Tigers. They played the game the way it's supposed to be played. Leyland better get manager of the year. Hey, they had a huge sign for GM beyond the left centerfield wall - I can't get too mad.

capriceman    0

Comerica Park has a GM Fountain with usally 2 cars parked in it. also the Renisance center has a decal of a baseball and broken glass saying how far it is away from Comerica.

Satty    338

The problem with shipping A-Rod is that the Yankees have nobody to replace him with and the free agent market is pretty shallow this year. Unless the Cubs let Aramis Ramirez go (he has an opt-out clause) there really isn't a good third baseman they can sign to replace him, only guys like Julio Lugo (a natural shortstop) and Pedro Feliz, who isn't as good of a player as his homerun and rbi stats say he is. Only three players got on base less often tan Feliz, I dont see a player like that sitting well with Yanks fans. I'd love to see his bat in Chicago, the Cubs need a shortstop.

regfootball    251

I was shocked the Twins and Yanks went down without much of a fight. The Tigers stunk royally (pun!!!) at the end of the season and the Yankees had an unbelievable lineup, but it wasn't meant to be. Twins fans must be irate, but I was pretty thrilled when the Yankees lost. Too bad the best series of the playoffs was in the first round (Yanks-Tigers). The NL is a joke, so I won't bother watching any of NLCS.

202558[/snapback]

yes, twins fans are irate Baby Jesus (Joe Mauer) couldn't get it done.

NOS2006    11

Tigers are now up 2-0 in the ALCS. Wow. Plus, the Wings won 9-2 tonight. What a good night to be a Detroit sports fan! :)

Tigers are now up 2-0 in the ALCS.

*grins*

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

I just hope they are able to close it out at home ... sooner, rather than later ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"How can anybody be so lucky?" ... John Conlee ... 'Domestic Life'

z28luvr01    170

What a good night to be a Detroit sports fan! :)

203854[/snapback]

Don't get too giddy, pal.

Posted Image

Eh, technically they're in Pontiac, MI, so you don't even have to consider them :wink:

capriceman    0

I still have no clue where these mystical tigers came from.

NOS2006    11

haha I said a good NIGHT to be a fan of Detroit sports.. Besides, who actually believes the Lions are going to get onto the field and score a touchdown let alone make playoffs?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this