2007 Cadillac DTS loaded

Flybrian

The DTS is a sweet car. "Caddy... rhymes with Daddy..." The new ones are sharpened up just right.

Although, I prefer the Sport package, and I wish it had the 3 spoke steering wheel.

Superfly, fix your Aurora, then sell it and buy one of these. (Is that a sacreligious suggestion?)

Superfly, fix your Aurora, then sell it and buy one of these.  (Is that a sacreligious suggestion?)

199658[/snapback]

Yeah, you had me until the 'sell' part. You can take my Aurora when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. I'm never selling my car. I suppose I didn't really officially state that before, but I will never sell my Aurora. Its my first car that will be completely mine. After I get this 'ish shorted out with Progressive, my car needs a new power antenna mast and for me to reglue the passenger side window molding and that's it. She's picture perfect otherwise - pristine leather, clean carpeting, great mechanical shape, almost completely repainted. Too many memories, too much love. And guess what? Its likely completely worthless to sell at this point anyway. I know if I do trade it in, it's going to be sold for junk and parted out and this is a car that doesn't deserve that fate. If I sell it private party, the only people who would buy it are people my age and I've seen enough Auroras with 18-25 year-old driver's in my neck of the woods to know that's an even worse fate.

This doesn't render a third car for the family as out of the question, though. Potential candidates include a Park Avenue Ultra or a Lucerne CXS, but that's in due time. But if you can picture a $48,000 Cadillac at this price, imagine what a CXS would be in a year...

2007 DTS, looks like a Luxury III

1454 miles

Heated/cooled seats, moonroof, chrome wheels, heated wheel, 4/50 factory warranty.

Price...?

Posted Image

Posted Image

$34,449

Linky

If I didn't have to deal with my car's B.S. right now, I'd seriously, seriously, seriously consider that.

199567[/snapback]

No, wait, 5/100 powertrain warranty, too. Sweet. All it needs is sat nav.

The current STS is too technical, "Lego", if you will, in design feel, imo.  The new, upcoming CTS adds some romantic detailing to the A&S theme.  I'm hoping the STS receives a similar upgrade soon.

199811[/snapback]

See...I think the biggest problem with the STS is its $h!ty interior. Its exterior design is bland...but the interior is just $h!ty. It photos well, but in-person inspections reveal poor quality.

See...I think the biggest problem with the STS is its $h!ty interior.  Its exterior design is bland...but the interior is just $h!ty.  It photos well, but in-person inspections reveal poor quality.

199893[/snapback]

That's a shame, because it drives very well. It's too bad most people notice the interior before they start the engine. I guess that's the point of remote ignition? :lol:

That's a shame, because it drives very well. It's too bad most people notice the interior before they start the engine. I guess that's the point of remote ignition?  :lol:

199918[/snapback]

Same problem with the old SRX, too. It's a great car for enthusiasts because of the engineering, but to average folk, nothing about the economy car interior says "luxury."

The dynamically inferior Enclave will probably do much better than the SRX. :(

Its funny about the SRX because I can count many instances where people have made countless excuses for piss-poor material quality, styling, and basic ergonomics on interiors of foreign vehicles by saying, "It drives wonderfully." Now, we have the simply wonderful SRX, probably the only no-compromise vehicle in its class with the optional third-row that can keep pace with the best of them on the track, and it gets blasted every single time.

Tres unfair...

Its funny about the SRX because I can count many instances where people have made countless excuses for piss-poor material quality, styling, and basic ergonomics on interiors of foreign vehicles by saying, "It drives wonderfully." Now, we have the simply wonderful SRX, probably the only no-compromise vehicle in its class with the optional third-row that can keep pace with the best of them on the track, and it gets blasted every single time.

Tres unfair...

200022[/snapback]

I'm sure there are countless other instances where people have made countless excuses for piss-poor material quality, styling, and basic ergonomics on interiors of domestic vehicles by saying, "It drives wonderfully."

OH NOES!@@@~!~

I'm sorry, I can't control what others have to say about some foreign car.

On a happier note, the updated interior isn't blast-able.

That's a nice car. I don't like Cadillacs (more formal and pretentious than what I like to portray) but I do like this model, so much so that I did a thread on it because, when I was on the Florida Panhandle, my hotel had a Caddy dealership down the street and I would go look at them at night.

Yes, it is a good price. But, if the color and the options aren't right, I wouldn't be happy because I keep them for a long (duh) time. The dark interior does not appeal to me, especially in leather. OUCH. I know this sounds whacked, but I wish the Level I would feature a cloth (credit) option. Wow, Caddy dashes have come a long way and they are now somewhat driver oriented. A buying guide I looked at still said the base models have a floaty ride, but it has to be better than what they had 10 to 20 years ago. If they had a light metallic blue one with a grey or navy cloth interior, I might be tempted.