Ocn has a moment

ocnblu

I rather have a GTO, G6, Or G5 than the Pontiac in my drive way. I have been trying to destroy the car. Every time i get in it I throw it In N and rev it till about 6000 and throw it in drive. Constantly flooring it and doing ebrake turns. the check engine light has been on for about 6 months. I think she still as about 2 years to pay it off too. At this point in life money doesnt matter since im sure i wont live past 60 anyway. If i destroy the car oh well, I buy a new one. Oh, dont tell her i destroy her car, I or i wont live past tommarow.

And Ocn and Razor, You only live once* So buy that GTO or Sports car Live life to the fullest.

(* Unless you belive in reincarnation)

205068[/snapback]

Couldn't you just take a drive downtown, o say, for a Pepsi? Don't forget to leave

it running while you're doing it....heck, get a hot dog, ask the guy at the counter

how his day is...

should be gone by then. :AH-HA_wink:

Looks like it. :huh:

You're right, AllenK, I prefer the clean lines of the car unadorned (except maybe for bodyside moldings, people tend to ram their doors into nice cars just for spite.)

My accessorized G6 would be something mean, yet a bit subtle. A tasteful Ram Air hood, darkened head and taillights, lowered suspension, and quad, diagonal-cut exhaust tips. The Ultra-Bright factory 18" rims look tough, and perfectly match the car.

The Mustang was a nice dream. This morning I have to awake from it and return the car. No way I can afford one of these, even with employee discount. The car will go to Manheim Auto Auction, this week I believe. No harm done, Ford's done a great job perpetuating the legend, it's been a good experience.

:deadhorse:

Damn. My price for the Mustang GT: an unbelievably low $24,900. My insurance would go up (according to my agent) only $125 over 6 months.

This is on the verge of doable.

Heart, head, heart, head... who should I listen to?

Edited by ocnblu

Guest YellowJacket894

Used vehicle appraiser a thieving sonofabitch with a pisspoor attitude.  I could hear him raising his voice to the old lady salesperson when she told him what I was hoping for in trade.  "With forty thousand miles!?  And a manual!?"

Long faces of salespeople in general.  I could not even get any of them to crack the slightest smile.

Bottom line: 

my truck plus $4.2k down equals about $350/mo for 6 years, or about $30 more per month than the truck.  I told her I'd call her monday, and I will, to turn it down, because of the (slight) damage and the crappy trade-in value.

So, darn it.  It's really a nice driving car.  I love it.

That was pretty much the exact same situation we had at the Nissan dealer. They called us back Monday morning, we told them not to call back.

$389 a month for 6 and a half years on a second-tier four-cylinder Nissan. Pffffttt. . .

I hope you find a good deal on a Grand Am -- damn -- I mean, G6 coupe soon, Blu. :):D

(I hope that the discount we can get on a new 2007 Sebring can help us get into a new car . . .)

The Mustang is black with double white stripes and light gray leather. Automatic transmission. My Mustang GT would be Windveil Blue with black leather and a manual. It is an excellent price, but GTs are on the lots now, they're easier to get. If I were to go to the (dark) Ford side, I'd want to option it out differently than this one. Factory ordering one, I'm sure would be at least $2.5k higher than taking this one, which puts it just out of my comfort zone.

I'm waiting a while longer. Sorry to flap my jaws so much on this.

Edited by ocnblu

The only Pontiac G6 that strikes my fancy at all is the

G6 retractable hardtop. I want to buy one and fill in

the seams in the roof with bondo & throw out the

lowering mechanism on the top. That's the only way

I'lll get a true modern GM hardtop until the Camaro.

The Mustang is black with double white stripes and light gray leather.  Automatic transmission.  My Mustang GT would be Windveil Blue with black leather and a manual.  It is an excellent price, but GTs are on the lots now, they're easier to get.  If I were to go to the (dark) Ford side, I'd want to option it out differently than this one.  Factory ordering one, I'm sure would be at least $2.5k higher than taking this one, which puts it just out of my comfort zone.

I'm waiting a while longer.  Sorry to flap my jaws so much on this.

206121[/snapback]

heck, wait for the camaro. or get the mustang now and trade it for the camaro.

Shoot, I just realized the GT with Sport and Sun&Sound is $24,785, and the GTP is $24,900 to start. It might be worth it to go for the spankin' new 3.6L and six speed auto and give up the CD changer and sunroof. The 3.9L seems like a lame duck now anyway, with the 3.6L around. I'd get a GTP with no factory options except floormats. I am starting to see more and more coupes and retractables every day. Edited by ocnblu