Cool Lucerne Navigation Video

buickguy

Yeah, it's been up for a couple of weeks now. I look at it and all I think is, "Wow, I so much rather have Navigation through a nice LCD screen with a map to look at."

I'm sorry, but why doesn't the Lucerne just have a real nav system with a screen?

204612[/snapback]

It does. Turn-By-Turn appears to be standard on Lucerne. The touch screen Navigation is optional on CXL (V6/V8) & CXS Lucernes.

AM/FM stereo with Touchscreen Navigation: CD player, MP3 playback and DVD-based touch-screen navigation, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume and Theftlock

Oh good...I know a true nav wasn't available at launch...good to see it was added.

I've no problem with standard turn by turn...but GM should make that standard across the lineup...and THEN still offer the nav screen upgrade in everything including the Aveo. It should be an option in everything.

Creepy robo-voice shouts directions at you. Awesome!

But, what if I want to listen to music?

204625[/snapback]

My mom has a Lucerne with this feature, it automatically turns down the music when an incoming call or the direction person speaks over Onstar and automatically returns the volume once it has spoken or you have responded (whatever is necessary for what is happening)...

Onstar is really pretty great. Oh all except for having to pay for it after you bought the car. I'd prefer that it wasn't so standard on all GM models but that looks the way it seems to be going. I don't see myself as someone who'd want a service such as Onstar but I'll still have to buy with the useless button staring at me all the time anyway.

A pay-per-use OnStar would be great. It's difficult paying $22/mo for something that will likely never be used, but I'll gladly pay $100/use if I really did need emergency help.

Turn-by-turn is $38/month, which after three years, is $1368, the price of a proper navigation system.

• 2 weeks later...

A pay-per-use OnStar would be great. It's difficult paying $22/mo for something that will likely never be used, but I'll gladly pay $100/use if I really did need emergency help.

Turn-by-turn is $38/month, which after three years, is $1368, the price of a proper navigation system.

205571[/snapback]

$1368? You can even get an aftermarket one for half of that....we just got our hands on a new Tom Tom GO 910 for my boyfriend's car and it's hella sweet! It does everything my in dash Acura nav does - turn by turn, touch screen, text to speech.