Toyota sub-brands

91z4me

Thanks Hudson. :thumbsup:

So are different models sold at each distribution network, ie Corolla models are only in the Corolla distribution network?

209355[/snapback]

More or less. Some models have been shared across dealerships, and quite often there have been different versions of the same product for different networks, e.g. Sprinter for Vista, and Corolla for Corolla, Camry for Corolla, and (Camry) Vista for, Vista of course. At one time there were at least three different versions of the midsize sport sedan (Mark II, Cresta and Chaser) for different channels.

At the moment there is:

Lexus

IS, GS, SC, LS

Toyota

Century

Crown (Majesta, Athlete, Royal, Estate and Hybrid)

Brevis

Allion (formerly Carina)

Caldina (shared with Toyopet—replaced both Corona and Carina wagons)

Porte (shared with Toyopet)

Isis

Estima T (for Toyota—replaced Master Ace[Previa])

Estima Hybrid (shared with Corolla)

Prius

Suceed (shared with Toyopet)

Land Cruiser (Prado, Cygnus [LX470] and 100)

Hilux Surf (4Runner)

Hilux

Toyopet (first brand sold in the US)

Mark II Blit (wagon)

Mark X

Progres (sister car to Brevis)

Premio (formerly Corona—sister car to Allion)

Ractis (shared with Corolla)

Porte (shared with Toyota)

ist (Scion xA—shared with Netz)

Belta (Yaris sedan—shared with Corolla)

Ipsum (shared with Netz)

Alphard G

Alphard Hybrid (shared with Netz)

Succeed (shared with Toyota)

Hiace

Harrier (RX350)

Rush (sister to Daihatsu Be-Go SUV)

Corolla

Corolla Axio (new sedan)

Corolla Fielder (wagon)

Windom (ES350)

Camry

Celica

Ractis (shared with Toyopet)

Sienta (shared with Netz)

Belta (shared with Toyopet)

Passo (sister car to Daihatsu Boon [sirion])

Noah (former Town Ace Noah)

Estima L (identical to Estima T)

Estima Hybrid (shared with Toyota)

Town Ace

Probox (sister car to Succeed)

Kluger L (Highlander)

Rav4L

Netz

Auris

Wish

Raum

Avensis (replaced Vista)

Avensis Wagon

MR-S

bB (sister to Daihatsu Coo)

Sienta (shared with Corolla)

ist (shared with Toyopet)

Vitz (Yaris hatch)

Ipsum (shard with Toyopet)

Voxy (former Lite Ace Noah)

Lite Ace

Alphard V (for Vista)

Alphard Hybrid

Regius Ace (sister van to Hiace)

Kluger V

Rav4J

The there is Daihatsu, primarily Keijidosha, and subcompacts also sold by Toyota, and the Altis, Daihatsu's version of the Camy.

The reason I was asking, besides curiosity, is that GM seems to have trouble holding all of its brands together and spendslots of money making similar models with similar markets. It seems as though Toyota is able to have lots of models under different 'brands' and they can manage it without a lot of the trouble GM has. My question is why does Toyota handle things so well while GM has so much trouble defining the brands and filling the showrooms?

The reason I was asking, besides curiosity, is that GM seems to have trouble holding all of its brands together and spendslots of money making similar models with similar markets.  It seems as though Toyota is able to have lots of models under different 'brands' and they can manage it without a lot of the trouble GM has.  My question is why does Toyota handle things so well while GM has so much trouble defining the brands and filling the showrooms?

209647[/snapback]

Different company, different market..

Money. Toyota is making billions and is awash in cash. GM is barely breaking even.

The reason I was asking, besides curiosity, is that GM seems to have trouble holding all of its brands together and spendslots of money making similar models with similar markets.  It seems as though Toyota is able to have lots of models under different 'brands' and they can manage it without a lot of the trouble GM has.  My question is why does Toyota handle things so well while GM has so much trouble defining the brands and filling the showrooms?

209647[/snapback]

Toyota controls huge marketshare in Japan

Different company, different market..

209650[/snapback]

Similar problems different solutions. The point stands.

Money. Toyota is making billions and is awash in cash. GM is barely breaking even.

But is Toyota making their large profits in their domestic market or is it their overseas operations that are raising their profits?

Toyota controls huge marketshare in Japan

Do you know the annual volumes or the % marketshare, I guess I am more curious about this than I thought.