Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pricing: 2007 Nissan Altima

Variance

Pricing: 2007 Nissan Altima

Posted Image

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 30, 2006) – Nissan today announced pricing on the 2007 Nissan Altima, which goes on sale this week at Nissan retailers nationwide. Along with its distinctive styling, the new fourth generation Altima utilizes the all-new Nissan “D” platform with improved body rigidity and a redesigned suspension with the development objective of making Altima one of the best performing large front-wheel drive sedans available globally.

The starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2007 Altima is $17,950 for Altima 2.5 with a refined 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and 6-speed manual transmission. The Altima is again also offered with an advanced 3.5-liter V6 engine – starting at an MSRP of $24,000 for Altima 3.5 SE with 6-speed manual transmission.

“The Altima 2.5 provides an incredible value for the money, with its starting MSRP only $200 more than the model it replaces – despite the new exterior and interior design, enhanced handling and performance, user-friendly technology and numerous other refinements,” said Bill Bosley, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “The new Altima follows the tremendous consumer response and sales success of the previous generation. No longer just an alternative in the segment, it has now become a true leader.”

The new Altima is available in four other models: Altima 2.5 S with 6-speed manual transmission at $19,800; Altima 2.5 S with Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission) transmission at $20,300; Altima 3.5 SE with CVT priced at $24,500; and the Altima 3.5 SL with CVT at $28,400. An additional model, the 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid is scheduled to go on sale in select markets in early 2007, with pricing for that model to be announced at a later date.

Available packages and options for the 2007 Altima 2.5 S include Convenience and Convenience Plus Packages, SL Package, and Connection Package with a choice of XMã or Siriusâ satellite radio. Altima 3.5 packages and options include Sport Package, Leather Package, Premium Package with a choice of XMã or Siriusâ satellite radio, Technology Package, and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC). Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), while standard on V6 equipped models, is optional on Altima 2.5 S and rear decklid spoiler is available on all models.

Complete pricing and options are available on the attached sheet.

About the 2007 Altima

The new Altima offers a long list of advanced technology features – including available Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System, RearView Monitor and an advanced touch-screen navigation system.

The 2007 Altima's exterior styling is a continuation of Altima’s distinctive, iconic, sporty design. It offers a "dynamic simplicity" with an aggressive stance, a new Nissan "T-shaped" grille, powerful front fenders, strong wedge character line, forward A-pillars and Nissan family roofline, Altima-style taillights and dual exhaust finishers on all models. High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights are available on V6-equipped models.

The new Altima’s wheelbase is 0.9-inch shorter (109.3 inches) than the previous model for enhanced maneuverability and overall length is 2.5 inches shorter (189.8 inches), however the interior retains nearly the same ample roominess. The new Altima is 0.3-inch wider (70.7 inches) and overall height remains the same (57.9 inches). Trunk space remains the same as the previous generation Altima.

The 2007 Altima’s interior has an enhanced feel with refined workmanship and expanded use of soft materials (such as padded armrests) and chrome accents.

Interior noise levels have been reduced through use of the new rigid platform and increased sound insulation. The new Altima’s instrument panel features a new Fine Vision gauge display for enhanced readability and the L-shaped flow of the instrument panel to the center console adds to the driver-oriented cockpit feel.

Interiors are available in three colors – charcoal, blonde and frost – as well as in both high quality soft-touch cloth fabric and leather-appointed seating. Among the passenger amenities are available 264-watt Bose®-developed audio system with nine speakers and dual-zone automatic temperature control.

The new Altima is the first global application of Nissan's advanced "D" platform, which offers much improved body rigidity and an all-new front suspension with new geometry and shock absorbers with rebound springs. The engine mounting position is 15 millimeters lower (with a six-point pendulum-type mounting system in place of the previous four-point system on V6 models) and the half-shafts have equal angles and are more parallel to the ground – virtually eliminating torque steer.

In addition to 17-inch wheels and tires, Altima 3.5 SE offers a sport-tuned suspension with larger diameter stabilizer bars and unique spring rates and strut damping.

Two engines are available, a "next generation" version of the 12-time Ward’s "10 Best Engines" award-winning VQ-series V6 and an enhanced inline 4-cylinder. The 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6 is now rated at 270 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque and offers stronger acceleration and refined sound quality. The V6 features reduced friction, improved cylinder head cooling and new twin knock sensors.

Also available is a 2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder producing 175 horsepower (170 hp CAL) and 180 lb-ft of torque (175 lb-ft CAL). The QR25 engine has been refined with a larger intake manifold, increased compression ratio (9.6:1 from 9.5:1) and reduced friction characteristics. It features a silent chain drive and a balancer system (with balancer changed to a center-mounted location for better NVH) that effectively negates vibrations without taking up much space – combining ideal packaging and smoothness.

The 2007 Altima is offered with a choice of two transmissions with both the V6 and 4-cylinder engines – a new 6-speed, narrow-gate manual transmission and the Nissan Xtronic CVT, which replaces the previous conventional automatic transmission.

The Xtronic CVT is designed to create a true synergy between engine and transmission with smooth, responsive, fluid-feeling performance and efficient operation. The CVT units utilized with both engines have been tailored specifically for use with the new Altima. The V6 CVT has been enhanced with an all-new “Sport” mode controller with a high-speed central processing unit and Adaptive Shift Controller with adaptive logic for faster shifting in both normal and manual modes.

The new Altima comes equipped with a number of standard safety features, including an Advanced Air Bag System (AABS), which includes dual-stage front supplemental air bags. Also standard are front seat side-impact supplemental air bags for chest protection and roof-mounted curtain side-impact air bags for front and rear outboard occupant head protection.

Other standard equipment includes front seat Active Head Restraints, the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat anchors and tether system and Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS).

In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissannews.com or by contacting the corporate media line at 310/771-5631.

[source: Nissan North America]

That scares me that the ony automatic will be the CVT. The replacement cost for these must be astronomical when the 3/36 runs out.

212567[/snapback]

Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan are 5/60+ on powertrains.

Nissan's CVTs have been reliable.

A few first year Murano CVTs blew, but even first year Murano CVT reliability was excellent for most people.

Plus, just about every major manufacturer have CVT cars on the market currently. None of them have CVT failure issues.

That scares me that the ony automatic will be the CVT. The replacement cost for these must be astronomical when the 3/36 runs out. In other ways this car does impress but it looks so similar to the old one that most people won't probably notice.

212567[/snapback]

What makes you think all the CVT transmissions will be failing right after 3/36?

My problem with CVTs is not the reliability but the poor shift feel. As exhibited by my recent Murano rental, it feels funny, buzzes funny, and gets lousy fuel economy for such an 'efficient' drivetrain. I'd rather have a traditional automatic, thank you.

I saw a new 07 Altima today when i was cruising lots.

I almost did not pick it out right away. It was parked next to an 07 Maxima and they looked so similar from a distance, the average person would not know they were different. The only thing that gave it away were the tailights wrapping up the side.

Anyways, its just an evolution of the current Altima and Maxima theme. Maybe they should have branched out a bit, but overall its nice. The interior however, is leaps and bounds better. Its borderline stunning in its visual quality. Gaps are nonexistent. Its very cockpittish. The black interior needed some lightening up, its too monochrome, but otherwise, for the driver, this car blows away anything else in this segment. The sticker was on a base SE 3.5/manual and was under 25 grand. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN MY CAR!!!!

My fear is this car has now gone so driver oriented, it may not catch Camry and Accord (i.e. dull car) intenders. But its SO MUCH MORE interesting than those two cars, or the Mazda 6. Euro dorks who love Passats will still buy Passats. Auras are of a different style so I don't see cross shopping there. The Altima really is kind of in its own class now I think.

Back seat is huge, BTW. The G6 and GP look like dung compared to this car....sorry.

Its a great looking car. I would love to ring one out.

BTW, the new Sentra and Versa are pretty cool too. You'd have to be a moron to buy a Civic or Fit when the Sentra/Versa and Mazda3 are around.

I hope Nissan starts cleaning Toyota's clock....Honda's too.

Edited by regfootball

I was at the local Nissan dealer checking out the new Altima today, when a salesman came by and offered me a test drive.

Dealer only had one V6 which hadn't been entered into their system. So I ended up driving a 4banger.

Interestingly keyless entry/ignition is standard but ABS is optional.

ABS is an additional $300.

I had a fairly short test drive (20min w/heavy traffic) so I didn't get intimate with it.

Overall it seemed like a nice vehicle. It's roomy, essentially quiet, powerful, and handles well.

In terms of handling performance it is behind the Accord. The Accord offers good steering feedback, while the Altima has practically none. Atima's steering doesn't require any effort either.

The Accord is rougher on smoother surfaces. Mind you I'm basing this on the 2dr Accord which is a fair bit stiffer than the sedan.

The Altima is significantly quieter in terms of wind and road noise. Though the Altima's brakes are more powerful than the Accord's they had so-so modulation and there was some initial pedal travel before the brakes take hold. Accord easily has better feelign braking hardware.

Overall the Altima's chassis still isn't as fine tuned as the Accord's, so I expect the Altima to continue losing comparo tests to the Honduh.

Also the Altima's 2.5L is tad rough at idle, the Accord's 2.4L is silky smooth.

On the inside the Altima and Accord's fabric look and feel synthetic. The Altima's glove compartment and center console storage are made out of rather cheap garbag can plastic. The gauges are electroluminescent but don't appear as nice as the Accord's. I really have no strong preference b/w the Accord or Altima interiors but I suppose the Accord's interior is a bit nicer. The Accord's steering wheel definetly looks slicker.

Still I was disappointed with the Altima's interior which looked much more promising in pictures.

Reliability/build quailty aside if I had to pick b/w the two it would be a difficult choice. I'd definetly need more seat time in the Altima before reaching a conclusion.

Edited by toyoguy

...the Altima's headrests don't signicantly block rearward visibility so they don't really need to be removed.

anyways I'd take the 07 Camry over the above pair. I find the other two nice, the Camry impressive. After driving the Camry I had zero complaints, it does everything well without any compromises.