GO VOTE!

Satty

I dont care who you vote for or which amendments or propositions you vote for or against or which judges you vote to keep or remove from the bench, just go fu*king vote. Its a midtern election, sure it doesn't have the sex appeal of a presidential election, but you've been putting up with political ads for months, go make that suffering worthwhile.

I went and voted earlier, the line was short (2 people in front of me) when I got there but by the time I was done voting (10 minutes or so) the line was about 30 people. Whats sad is that a lot of the candidates for local office (Revenue Collector, Assessor, etc) were running unopposed. Mark Foley did not appear on my ballot.

I'm going to collect all the campaign signs I can tomorrow and stuff them in the walls of my house for insulation. You know what they say, reduce, reuse, recycle! :P

213271[/snapback]

Heh, I took home a "NO ELECTIONEERING WITHIN 1000 FT OF POLLS" poster.

i did it,  hey satty, what'd you vote on amedment 7?  lol      or do you not remember what 7 was about?

213089[/snapback]

Amendment 7 was the one about politicians not being able to keep their pensions if they go to jail, right? I voted yes on that one. I think I voted yes on 6 too, honestly I didn't research 6 and 7 too much. I also didn't know Prop. B was on the ballot until last weekend.-

Well great. Now we got a bunch of Democrats along our border... Terrific...

The last thing Canada needs is a bunch of protectionists.

However, this election is America's and America's only, and I respect America's decision.

One of the things I do admire about America's political system is the separate votes on amendments and propositions. I often get the feeling that people in our government don't feel Canadians are smart enough to decide in referendums.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Amendment 7 was the one about politicians not being able to keep their pensions if they go to jail, right?  I voted yes on that one.  I think I voted yes on 6 too, honestly I didn't research 6 and 7 too much.  I also didn't know Prop. B was on the ballot until last weekend.-

213307[/snapback]

yeah, i totally voted yes on 7... don't remember what 6 was..... prop b was the minimum wage increase right? eh .... i didn't really want it to happen...

admendment 2 is totally bogus in it being passed

Edited by loki

Webb was just declared (by several news orgs) the winner in VA. Dems got control of the Senate too. Woot!

Thank you god for Sen Macaca...er....Allen.  :ohyeah:

213588[/snapback]

i dont think anyone wanted to prolong the whole process. its crystal clear the country as a whole wanted to see some change.

im not a political pundit nor do i want to be one but i admire the way the democrats

want to approach the upcoming issues, if they are genuine or not well see.

they seem to want to go after the oil companies and rectify the tax systems-again.

what that means for us, us being the non 1% of the uber wealthy im not sure.

bush is pretty smart in his own right. getting rumsfield out of there when he did and wanting to play ball with the new order. its all very calculated on his part too.

wouldnt be surprised if he asked allen to not put up a fight.

its either that or learn to quack.

Between that and the fine dining I experienced in Westwood tonight to celebrate (In-N-Out and Diddy Riese) it really has been an awesome week :)

214061[/snapback]

that is a celebration! did you get a cookie sandwich over at Diddy riese {are you sure it's spelled like diddy :0 )) my favorite combination is peanut butter ice cream peanut butter cookie on one side and macadamia chocolate chip on the other

Unfortunately our governor was not ousted from office. He's a scumbag and has been in numerous scandals already (currently he is under investigation by the FBI), and it's his first term. He won by 320k votes, but his margin in Chicago was 395k... F Chicago.

214064[/snapback]

he's probably a democrat. i know chicagoans are very politically motivated, they involve themselves in manners that proves they are attentive to what's going on out there. ya our governor stayed too, i guess that sucks or it's okay, i don't pay too much attention to the governator.