C&G Curse tracking me...

Crossing from PA into NJ on Route 1 today. Old man in a beige Camry merges into the right hand lane. Only problem is, there is an old Volvo 240DL wagon there with me in the left hand lane.

The Volvo tried to merge into my lane, squishing me into the jersey barrier. We of course slam on the brakes, swerve as much as we can and avoid the accident, but we hit a major pot hole. Alignment is out of wack, the under engine cover is torn off and there are squeaks from the sunroof and passenger door now.

Going to the dealership this week.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

The problem here is the inherent poor braking ability of the CTS. Fade is not only pronounced, but dangerous, especially when compared to the 535i we drove last week. Another factor was the Cadillac's poor steering communication, its lack of feedback costing you milliseconds of precious reaction time. The 535i we tested previous encountered a similar incident as the CTS and not only did it deftly avoid the pothole, but also managed to save a third-world child and wash itself at the same time.

What This Means To You: The CTS is no Cimarron; the Cimarron was affordable. Buy an M5.

Seriously, glad to here you guys are okay, Drew. Good luck and hope everything turns out well. Keep us posted.

P.S. F- Toyotas.

The problem here is the inherent poor braking ability of the CTS. Fade is not only pronounced, but dangerous, especially when compared to the 535i we drove last week. Another factor was the Cadillac's poor steering communication, its lack of feedback costing you milliseconds of precious reaction time. The 535i we tested previous encountered a similar incident as the CTS, but not only did it deftly avoid the pothole, but also managed to save a third-world child and wash itself at the same time.

What This Means To You: The CTS is no Cimarron; the Cimarron was affordable. Buy an M5.

220420[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Ouch!! That hurts!!! Poor CTS!

The problem here is the inherent poor braking ability of the CTS. Fade is not only pronounced, but dangerous, especially when compared to the 535i we drove last week. Another factor was the Cadillac's poor steering communication, its lack of feedback costing you milliseconds of precious reaction time. The 535i we tested previous encountered a similar incident as the CTS and not only did it deftly avoid the pothole, but also managed to save a third-world child and wash itself at the same time.

Seriously, glad to here you guys are okay, Drew. Good luck and hope everything turns out well. Keep us posted.

P.S. F- Toyotas.

220420[/snapback]

I guess Auroras aren't much better with the track records, eh mate? :P

220420[/snapback]

Excellent ! :lol:

Im really bummed Oldsmoboi, sunroof and door noise..........damn, not to mention the suspension.

Its not the C&G curse, its the curse of anyone thats really into haveing their car nice. I just took a flying traffic/construction cone to the hood of my Cierra Cruiser........that I just cleaned up and painted in the spring........just before my clean LSS got keyed four times and had something that stained the paint thrown on it, which was just fixed up 6 months prior after I clipped a small deer, which in its larger version is what destroyed the front of my Grandfathers mint 60,000 mile 82 NY'er 6 months after I inherited it, which was followed by my 86 LeSabre coupe that I totally renewed after 4 years, only to pull in out in the driveway and have a large limb fall and put a huge dent in the roof and I know all this started because I restored that old Alpine way back in 82 so some drunk in a Buick Electra could rear end me 6 weeks after completion, while I was sitting at a red light.

Cure for the curse........buy a car you really hate, passionately and drive incident free.

Vaporizer - still has a few bug to work out, patent pending

Cure for the curse........buy a car you really hate, passionately and drive incident free.

Well, I wouldn't say that I hated my '04 Malibu, but it was close enough. And while stupid little things happened to it to cause minor damage, your theory doesn't work entirely. Now I told my wife the morning of the wedding we were to attend that we should take the Malibu, but she said we never go out together in the SKY. What happens a couple of hours later? BAM! Nice car hit. Maybe I should start buying Fords??? :lol:

Drew, sorry to hear about your accident. Route 1 is a bitch! When I use to drive Route 1 North from Lawrenceville to New Brunswick for a little over a year, I could count on at least one accident every day. I myself almost got into one once with my Sonoma, but the grace of God saved me (too bad for the Cavlaier behind me, b/c the car behind him didn't stop in time). I wish you all the best with getting the CTS repaired and back on the road soon (btw, I hope you're not using Colonial Cadillac in Trenton?).

Ah, Drew ... very sorry this happened to you.... But, glad you are OK.

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Every song, another scene" ... Dierks Bently ... 'Every Mile A Memory'

Drew, sorry to hear about your accident.  Route 1 is a bitch!  When I use to drive Route 1 North from Lawrenceville to New Brunswick for a little over a year, I could count on at least one accident every day.  I myself almost got into one once with my Sonoma, but the grace of God saved me (too bad for the Cavlaier behind me, b/c the car behind him didn't stop in time).  I wish you all the best with getting the CTS repaired and back on the road soon (btw, I hope you're not using Colonial Cadillac in Trenton?).

220448[/snapback]

No, we're going to limp the car back home to Pittsburgh this morning. It's quite drivable.