1965 Chevrolet's Bewitching Bonanza

ehaase

• 2 weeks later...

That was more enjoyable than most of today's

TV shows, nevermind today's car commercials.

Ahem, those of us old enough to remember Bewitched when it wasn't in reruns, have a special place in our hearts for Elizabeth. I remember wishing that she was my mom. Being a bit of a car freak, even at the tender age of 7, I noticed even then the cool convertibles that Darren drove, but as a kid I wondered why they were all from the same company. Hmm.

Anybody out there remember a commercial that Chevrolet did with all their new cars coming out from behind a water fall? It must have been from around the same time period.

remember a commercial that Chevrolet did with all their new cars coming out from behind a water fall? 

230244[/snapback]

I wish I did... I was not even born until 1979 so 1965

is a bit of a "blur" for me. :P Wonder if it'son U-tube?

I can barely remeber but Living in Akron Ohio in the 60's and early 70's brings back a lot of Chevy memories.

The All American Soap Box Derby was promoted by Cheverolet. They woulds bring many stars to town including all the ones in this ad.

They would parade through town in a fleet of new Chevys and make a big deal for the event.

Out of the lime light things were just fun as Blocker and Landon would get a litle buzzed and punched holes in the hotel room walls and the like for fun. Bet Paw did not think much of that.

Bewitched even did a show that showcase Chevy and the Derby.

Those were the days as Chevy had a full line of great offerings and events that were much bigger then than today.

I can still remember all my Dads Chevelles 67-73 and Corvairs 63-66. In those days it was a new car every year since they were affordable and most changed greatly each year.

I can still remember climbing in and riding in the rear window well of the Corvair while going down the road. It is amazing I still alive since I sent my early years when Car seats were rare and seat belts were an option.

I miss the good old days.

Now lets see if they can bring back Motorama back. That is one party I missed before my time but would love to see again. The Detroit show is grand but still has nver made it to the Motorama level.

Edited by hyperv6

See The U.S.A. in your Chevrolet is just as important a slogan now as it was then. Chevrolet. America's brand.

I remember riding in the rear luggage area of my mom's '69 Corvette LT-1 4 speed, but my earliest car memory is when I was standing on the front passenger seat riding with her in my parents' '66 Malibu SS 396/350hp 4 speed when she came around a corner here in town and slammed into the back of an illegally-parked '56 Cadillac. In a blink of an eye, I ended up under the dash, looking up. I was 3.

It is time for Chevy to put a car on Castle Rock again they have done it twice in the past and it make thiem look like they are on top of the world.

But they many not be able to do it any more as the tree huggers would protest they invaded the habitait of the thing like the Skunk Earthworm or the like.

Amazing! I love watching the old shows just for the cars.

The cars are one of things I've really enjoyed about watching the 'Rockford Files' box sets.. all those '70s cars. It was my favorite show as a kid, my dad and I used to watch it together in the late '70s.

Amazing! I love watching the old shows just for the cars.

Oh my goodness YES!

Rockford Files

Dukes of Hazzard

KITT (well, to some extent anyway)

CHiPs

Hill Street Blues

and on and on and on and on and on ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I thought that time would cure" ... Tom Wopat ... 'A Little Bit Closer'