Chevy Shows Malibu, Announces Fairfax Investment

CSpec

I will see this vehicle in NAIAS and will wait to pass judgement until then. However, from what I've heard as a Chevy dealer firsthand... the new 3.5 V6 and 6-speed Automatic (see 2008 Equinox Sport and 2007 Saturn Aura) will be the main power plant/drivetrain for this all-new Malibu. Overall, it's a vast improvement over the current model and the design is much more aggressive than I've seen from GM in a long time.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YellowJacket894

Doubt it. I'd say chances are good we'll see TAPshift paddles in the new 'Bu.

On base models? On Malibu Sport maybe, I highly doubt on base though.

Well, no, not a base model. But it should be available on upper trim levels and the Sport.

Go to Toyota dealer and ask to see a manual Camry. See how long the salesperson laughs and if they have one, it is parked "in another storage lot"

Real buyers dont want manuals in sedans anymore. Look at most new Beemers sold, they have autos in them. Try trading in a manual non luxury make 4 door, you will take a bath, or not even get an offer.

230532[/snapback]

except for Maximas and Altimas........

Ican't wait till Detroit opens,I am stoked. I love the NuBu . I really hope some of you guys atleast wait until they release the specs before you start bichin bout what it "don't have" . Only the "powers that be" know whats in the works guys. Have a little faith! The ride is just starting!!

Go to Toyota dealer and ask to see a manual Camry. See how long the salesperson laughs and if they have one, it is parked "in another storage lot"

Real buyers dont want manuals in sedans anymore. Look at most new Beemers sold, they have autos in them. Try trading in a manual non luxury make 4 door, you will take a bath, or not even get an offer.

230532[/snapback]

True to a certain extent, but there ARE buyers who want a manual in a 4-door, with me being one of them.

That's where Chevrolet and Pontiac can play together. One have it and the other don't. And that's what GM is doing now. Only the G6 gets a manual version, in limited numbers.

My first thoughts on the pic:

-Grill :yes:

Posted Image

Right on, MJD!

I concur, and LIKE it for that reason. The Impala SS concept was, is a knock-out. No reason to not use

pleasing design, unless you are D-C. Their 2008 copies of 300C front ends look like they were styled by

a brick wall!

Headlights----- don't agree, as far as reminder, but like the shape they used.