Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

C&G Rearview Mirror: 2006

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

Thought I'd start a thread in the spirit of the old Cheers and Jeers threads that looked back at the previous year here at the forums. 2006 may not have been a great year in reality (do we really have to go there?) and here at the forums (server problems among others), but there are still plenty of good things we can highlight.

For example, here's one of the first designs posted in the Member Showcase section for 2006 (that have image links that still work, anyway) by budding C&G designer, member, and Designer's Guild Founding Member, American_Revolution2005 (this actually predicted the 2008 Magnum refresh in many ways -- way to go, man).

Posted Image

So start posting about 2006 (and hope that 2007 is an improvement).

Edited by YellowJacket894

Let's see:

- 20,451,944,693 threads from BV about potential replacements for his GA

- Lauren, who takes her top off (of her car)

- G'bye Buickman, we hardly knew ye, and are better of that way

- The Camaro, shortly after the unveiling of which, thousands of '05-06 Mustang owners let out a collective "Sh*t!!"

- 68 and XP bought and sold more cars this year than I will in a lifetime

- RDM vs. FDM

Let us not forget the problem concerning Josh's Outlook.

231331[/snapback]

And that DU.....I mean Solstice wreck and the 9000 posts about getting no respect after he stepped down and about how GMS is going to take off. BTW, GMS has like five posts from people other than Josh per week.

Not much chance that I'll forget 2006, it has been a tough year.

Thanks to everyone here for support and laughs (I had use for both).

And a special thanks to the crew of The Underground - it gives me purpose when I wonder what my purpose is.

I certainly enjoyed all of the trivia questions,spy shots, music contests/discussions, and debates of all sorts.

C&G has become part and parcel of who I am because of all the folks here, let's keep it up in 2007.

What a year.

I graduated.

I turned 18.

Modded out my Camaro's engine.

Blew my Camaro's engine.

Rebuilt my Camaro's engine.

Put the Camaro up for sale.

Bought a SS/SC.

Started college.

Drank for the first time.

Joined a fraternity.

Gained a whole bunch of friends.

Got accepted for a well-paying occupation.

Quit two jobs that I had for over 1.5 and 2 years.

Whew.

I don't know much about the year on this site since I'm new here, so I thought I'd share my year in review.

I celebrated 15 years with my husband/partner Greg

I retired from my job after 20 years.

My son turned 21 this year and graduated college, and grabbed a great paying job.

My daughter turned 14 this year and made the cheerleading squad as a freshman.

I bought a new Avalanche LTZ 4x4.

I don't know much about the year on this site since I'm new here, so I thought I'd share my year in review.

I celebrated 15 years with my husband/partner Greg

I retired from my job after 20 years.

My son turned 21 this year and graduated college, and grabbed a great paying job.

My daughter turned 14 this year and made the cheerleading squad as a freshman.

I bought a new Avalanche LTZ 4x4.

Heh wait a minute.....your profile says your 30. Of course its entirely possible you've been working since you were 10 and been with the boy you met in ninth grade forever.....but......

Heh anyway, it seems like you have an interesting story. :D

Edited by CD/BP

Heh wait a minute.....your profile says your 30. Of course its entirely possible you've been working since you were 10 and been with the boy you met in ninth grade forever.....but......

Heh anyway, it seems like you have an interesting story. :D

Oops, I clicked on the wrong year. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Joking aside, I actually thought about this last night. Looking back, 2006 has been a roller coaster for me. There has been a lot of ups... but just as many downs. Hell, I'd split the year in two with the first half being the absolute lowest point of my life, while the latter half being one of the higher points of my life. I'm just glad to have moved on from the first half. This past summer marked the first time in a long long while that I wasn't depressed. While I can't change what happened when I was depressed, I can certainly move on. I would have never imagined myself being out... of school, of the "closet", etc. and to not have some sort of death wish at the same time. I actually look to the bright side of things most of time. I used to be a huge pessimist. A friend of mine even pointed out that I say "oh well" about as much as I say "I don't know" (I'm hugely indecisive about anything and everything). I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing, but I suppose there's a chance it might be. :P

So, I'm really looking forward to 2007. :D

BV, take it from an old homo here, the hardest part of bein gay is before the acceptance of yourself. Now that the hard part is over, you can enjoy meeting all kinds of new people. Take good care of yourself, eat well, take vitamins, and the depression will subside in time. Trust me on this. I've been there. Happy 2007 bud.

Listen to K.C., Vipes.

2006 was my first full year without my little dog, Meggie. Had her 15 years. The middle of the year saw me lose a job and gain a job, all in one day. I joined a gym so I can focus on something other than work, while helping my body and my mind. And I capped off the year feeling secure enough in my new job to factory order a 2007 Sierra pickup. Kinda boring, yes. I hope '07 is the year I meet some longterm goals.