What's next?

Paolino

I've heard it's a undetermined Zeta variation...either the last of this gen intro'ed (think '11 model year) or, a possible rebadge of an overseas variant, which would get here sooner.

EpII LaCrosse replacement will be here sooner in the former plan, later in the latter.

I thought in the last video "leak", the refreshed LaCrosse was seen as well?

Well, a new grille and engine option isn't what I had in mind... I'm talking about new product.

Since when was Pontiac revamped? They're barely holding together with scraps from other divisions. But anyway, Buick will get the Epsilon 2 Lacrosse in 2 years and the Zeta Lucerne a year later or so.

Well, they're revamping it... they have the Solstice which is very hot, and the G6 is selling well (by the numbers I see on the road anyways).

They get a RWD Pontiac (G8)

As a matter of fact... a friend of mine, who was born and bred to buy Asian, took one look at the Solstice, G6 Convertible and even the G5 (she is considering a smaller car this time around), and said, "Wow, these are Pontiacs? I like them!"

Well, reality is ther Buick will never have a 'full line' like they used to. And thats a good thing. They do not need to offer every car Chevy sells, no Buick badged Aveos, Cobalts, or even Silverados!

Some here miss the old A, J, and N bodied Buicks, but they dont compare to the real ones built before the 80's. Better to offer a few real good cars/crossovers, then rebadged whatever all the other brands offer.

Edited by Chicagoland

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, but I think Buick should offer more models to combat imports (without overlap), or at least more than just LaCrosse, Lucerne, and Enclave.

Buick barely survives as an independent brand. Here in Cherry Hill, the decades-old and classy franchise of Eckenhoff Buick closed up, and Buicks appeared shortly later at the Burns Pontiac/GMC dealership about six miles away. Buick is a partial brand, to be marketed together with another partial brand, Pontiac, and together the two brands will cover the gamut.

I don't expect much more than a three-Buick line going forward. A medium and large sedan, and a crossover. What would be at least partial balm would be a return to the Buick tradition of a personal luxury coupe. Build the Velite! It still looks hotter than any concept I've seen since, including the Camaro.