Happy ST. Patrick's Day

Ugh, some leprechaun showed me his lucky charms, now I feel dirty.

I guess I should go and get a glass of green beer this evening.

Corned beef and cabbage for dinner! Oh, and this post wouldn't be complete without this guy: :smilewide:

This will be the first year my mom won't be making corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day in a long time...I get pizza tonight. ^_^

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all. :cheers:

Well, I suppose I could bleach the red in the Italian flag a little bit and I'd be Irish. But I'll settle for some green apparel for the day.

I am such an ethnocentric WOP, but the funny thing is I'm told I look "dark Irish" way more than I do Italian....as I got off the plane in Sicily in 1998 and met one particular cousin for the first time, he said "You look Anglo!" :scratchchin:

Worth a read - Everything you wanted to know about Saint Patrick

For the longest time I thought this was a Hallmark holiday, but as a Christian it has plenty of significance. Alas, like Christmas, we've screwed it up and commercialized it.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day, everyone.

Well, I suppose I could bleach the red in the Italian flag a little bit and I'd be Irish. But I'll settle for some green apparel for the day.

I am such an ethnocentric WOP, but the funny thing is I'm told I look "dark Irish" way more than I do Italian....as I got off the plane in Sicily in 1998 and met one particular cousin for the first time, he said "You look Anglo!" :scratchchin:

Molto triste!

Well, I had a glass of Guinness, but my dreams of corned beef & cabbage were dashed. The grocery store shelf was empty... I waited too long, and I didn't feel like cruising grocery stores looking. :(

We had green bagels at work yesterday... I had a couple of pints of Harps at the pub last night.. I'm 1/4 Irish, so I should celebrate it.. :) Watched a U2 video last night and have listened to U2 and Van Morrison all day.. :)

Guest YellowJacket894

[This post was made by a person of Irish ancestry.]

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Pass the potatoes. :smilewide:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Well, I had my corned beef and cabbage dinner today with carrots and potatoes. That's one of my favorite meals and it was great. I also went to an early happy hour and was surprised that it wasn't very busy. That was fine with me as I can do without a drunken crowd. I had a couple of beers. They weren't green and they weren't Irish (they were Canadian) but I got to spend a little time with some good friends and you truly can't ask for much more than that!

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!

So ... did everyone wear SOMETHING green today?

Too bad my older 4 MCs aren't out yet ... I could've DRIVEN something green:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/newpics/DSC07654r8_jpg.html

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/newpics/DSC07673r8_jpg.html

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The stars might lie, but the numbers never do" ... Mary Chapin-Carpenter ... 'I Feel Lucky'

Edited by knightfan26917