Quick Question

Ravenfreak13

Good one.

Does the 225 have a trip odometer? If it does, and it reads 00000, the knob isn't going to 'do' anything because it already did.

It reminds me of Buick's safety Buzzer system: on my '59 there's a small knob and a tiny window to the left of the speedo where a drum rotates with the knob to show speeds from 20 to 110MPH, and the speedo buzzes when you surpass that.

It also reminds me of my '64 & '65 Pontiac's Electro-Cruise knob, but both those years also have a needle that swings across the speedo to choose your cruise speed. Besides the needle, the knob also won't 'do' anything when the car is not running at speed. Clean the speedo face off and shine a strong flashlight on each warning lamp- look for one that says 'CRUISE'.

Good one.

Does the 225 have a trip odometer? If it does, and it reads 00000, the knob isn't going to 'do' anything because it already did.

It reminds me of Buick's safety Buzzer system: on my '59 there's a small knob and a tiny window to the left of the speedo where a drum rotates with the knob to show speeds from 20 to 110MPH, and the speedo buzzes when you surpass that.

It also reminds me of my '64 & '65 Pontiac's Electro-Cruise knob, but both those years also have a needle that swings across the speedo to choose your cruise speed. Besides the needle, the knob also won't 'do' anything when the car is not running at speed. Clean the speedo face off and shine a strong flashlight on each warning lamp- look for one that says 'CRUISE'.

I have to agree with balthazar...

My uncle growing up had an old Regal, and whenever we got in the car my brother would set his stupid thing to a low speed so the alarm (buzzer) would go off as soon as he passed it.

I checked all the warning lights...2 turn signals, hot/cold temp, and e-break...thats it

due to the fact thats its the base custom..it might have been there for the cruise control...which it was probably never equipped with.

who knows...who cares

and no, there is no trip odom.

Edited by Ravenfreak13

only 25% of the people in this forum have the potential to get that joke to it's fullest extent......

Posted Image

Good movie too. :AH-HA_wink:

http://forums.aaca.org/showflat.php?Cat=0&...ge=0#Post452592

In '67, the same placement & styled knob is optional Electro-Cruise. Buick may not have used a speedo-pointer by '66, maybe it was just 'press at speed' and it would engage. '65 Pontiac owner's manual states E-C works at 30 MPH and above- Buick's should be the same.

The earlier styles with the speedo pointer were fun: you could be in cruise at say 35, whip the knob to the right and the car would downshift and rocket forward under near full-throttle.

A pic underhood of the carb with the aircleaner off, and the firewall area would show me if the cruise components were on your '66.

Here's the (very large) pic from the '67 brochure- look at pic 6:

http://tocmp.com/brochures/Buick/1967/Full...ge%2055_jpg.jpg