Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mitsubishi Concepts

The only one of those that I like at all is the "EVO X". The sides are to plain, when compared to the nose, and either need to be more aggressive or the nose needs toned down. Also the nose kind of looks like it put it's Audi/VW costume on upside down. D:5 just needs to be crushed. David

Is it just me, or does the Concept X look like a photoshop of whatever concept they had at Frankfurt? The spoiler looks fake, and the red paint on the grill doesn't look real at all; it also looks like they missed a couple little spots where red should be, and put red where it shouldn't be (on the asphalt) when they were doing the chop.

X - pretty cool, somewhat original and a a little exciting

Outlander - Wow, how original :puke:

D5 - Looks just like any 1980s Van from ANY Japanese manufacturer :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm also wondering why the Outlander has what appears to be three rear view mirrors.

No; it's a hand-held microphone so the mechanic that's bent over your grille weekly can tell you the many many many things wrong without you having to get out of your vehicle. Which is just about how you'll feel after buying a mitsu: bent over.

Rearview of Concept-X:

Posted Image

InsideLine:

X Marks the Spot for Mitsubishi's New Lancer Evo
Date Posted 09-28-2005

TOKYO — Mitsubishi's Lancer Evolution, one of Japan's hottest cars, will undergo a major ground-up redesign within two years. And the deeply sexy Concept-X show car, to be revealed at October's Tokyo Motor Show, points the way.

Just weeks after Mitsubishi unveiled the similar-but-different Concept-Sportback at the Frankfurt show, it will show its Concept-X four-door sedan — the Concept-Sportback is a five-door hatch. Both go with Mitsubishi's aggressive new-age styling that borrows cues from a jet fighter. Underneath lies the company's modular new C-segment platform.

Under the hood, the Concept-X goes with a brand-new four-cylinder, dual-overhead variable cam, 2.0-liter, intercooled turbo. The transmission is a six-speed, direct-shift-gearbox-style (DSG) automanual with steering wheel paddle shift.

The suspension is strut/multilink, and to save weight, several Concept-X body panels are made from aluminum. Riding on 20-inch tires, the Concept-X also debuts "super all-wheel control," the next generation of the Lancer Evo's stunningly effective, computerized all-wheel drive.

Mitsubishi deliberately has made the Concept-X cockpit simple and functional, so as not to distract the driver, while aluminum highlights enforce an upscale look.

Mitsubishi will do one final minor change on the current Evo IX in 2006 before the all-new, eagerly awaited Evo X hits the blocks in 2007.

What this means to you: Mitsubishi is ready to rock with Concept-X.

Both go with Mitsubishi's aggressive new-age styling that borrows cues from a jet fighter.

Jesus, people, if you're going to claim your cars are inspired by aircraft, then give them cues inspired by aircraft! Very, very simple.

Am I the only one totally unimpressed by the look of this car? I see TL meets TL meets TL with an dopey, upside down Audiesque grille.

I'll agree wiht you on this one Fly.