BMW CLS fighter

vrazzhledazzle

BMW CS Concept revealed (New 8-Series?)

BMW has taken the wraps off the CS Concept — a new "four-door-coupe" designed to tackle the Mercedes CLS, Porsche Panamera, and Maserati Quattroporte. The car is likely a preview of the recently rumored 8-Series revival, or alternatively a four-door 6-Series. Either way, it points to BMW's future design direction for the company as a whole.

The debut of the CS Concept follows a report by German car magazine Auto Zeitung that claimed BMW would launch a four-door coupe using the 8-Series designation, starting with a new 850i.

In June 2006, Germany's Auto Bild ran a cover story on BMW's planned rival to the Mercedes CLS. The magazine claimed the vehicle was the next-generation 6-series, which it says will be offered in two- and four-door variants under the same nameplate.

The car's dimensions add fuel to the 8-Series argument. The CS is 200.8 inches long and 78 inches wide — compared to the 7-Series sedan's 198.4 inches of length and 74.9-inch width. The CS is also extremely low — just 53.5 inches high compared to the 7-Series' 58.7 inches. The CS is even shorter than the low slung Mercedes CLS, which is 54.7 inches tall.

Posted Image

Looks a longer Z8 from this pic..with a stretched out grille.

More pics: http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-cs-concept.html

My alliegences will switch over to Audi full-time if this car is indicative for the future of BMW. It's not bad...just cold and strange-looking...it has a sizeable front overhang for a RWD car.

omg kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick assss

it's amazing that a decade ago, BMW was one of the most conservative in terms of design, and here we are and they are setting trends. The face is so mean and agressive and shark-like, what a wonderful interpretation of that BMW cue. The body is sexay. The rear is so clean and futuristic and stealth. Oh man, it's seriously good looking. I can see this being a huuuuuuuge gimongous hit in LA. So fashionable and loud. That interior is curious. Curious because it's incredibly driver friendly and very beautiful, and easily producable. I see this influencing future BMW big time.

My alliegences will switch over to Audi full-time if this car is indicative for the future of BMW. It's not bad...just cold and strange-looking...it has a sizeable front overhang for a RWD car.

Odd you say that, my alliegences will either switch to Cadillac or BMW after the demise of Pontiac, oops I mean the Holdenization of Pontiac. :smilewide:

Oh god yes! Finally! A newer BMW I truly like! The interior is cockpit styled again (like older BMW's) which is awesome, and the neo-futuristic/retro touch is pulled off well I think. The exterior looks great...the front could use some work in places, but the profile and rear look fantastic! I love it.

Edited by Nick

I love it.

From the nose to the profile and from the interior to the rims.

That instrument cluster is obviously an attempt to one-up the

Camaro concept. No doubt.

I'm glad BMW is coming to a good design direction again, if I

was to make fun of this deisgn howver, I could do this:

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's going on inside? This is supposed to be BMW's answer to the Mercedes CLS, not it's answer to the new Camaro. It's certainly a fusion of the future and the past, but I don't think it's suitable for the car's target audience.

Since we mentioned the CLS, how well does it even sell? I've never seen one on the road. Is this even a car that BMW feels it needs to match?