Debate on my (car) insurance...

Frankly, I' like some cheaper insurance, please.

What I'm thinking:

1- Keeping my insurance as is for now ( I have AAA). My agent told me that cheaper rates are on the way. I know AAA is on the higher end, but one thing that has impressed me about them is that I have had great service, which is hard to find.

I also believe you shouldn't always run to the cheapest rate all the time, because I have seen friend burned by doing just that..

2-Taking a risk and trying something new (I pan to shop around anyways). I would like to find a company that I could stick around with for a while.....I'd rather pay a few extra bucks a month than pay out the butt for/after an accident.

Downside to this I might end up with higher rates, since two people have tried to take out her car in the last 6 months...

3- Both our cars are nearly paid off...just drop them down to plpd (basic) rates....

Both are Chevy Crapiers (which seem to have high rates anyway)

Downside to this is if they get totaled I get nothing. (they aren't worth much anyways-I'd be lucky to get more than 3

grand)

On the other hand,I have already started saving for my new car, and will start saving for hers next month.

So if they did get totaled, I could just go out of buy a new one...(helllooo GM... :AH-HA_wink: )

Comments....I'm curious to see what you guys/gals think. Ideas? Suggestions?

I dropped the Impala down to just liability this year, with a $1000 deductable as it really isn't worth too much anymore, and only pay a little over 500 bucks a year for it. The Suburban is insured under the farm along with all with everything else and full coverage with a $100 deductable only costs me a little over 1000 bucks a year for that.

Ever thought of getting a bigger deductable in exchange for lower rates?

I have no idea why.

stupid Michigan No Fault Insurance!!!

I have 5 vehicles 4 are under full coverage and 1 is PLPD. Very Clean Record :smilewide: Ah Corruption!

The cheapest i can go is only $300 cheaper for some shady company. Oh well. It comes as one lump sum every year. I will just pull some of the earnings Goodyear made me so far this year!!!

Over 5K for insurance!!! :blink:

That's just insane. I pay much less than half of that to insure 5 vehicles.

Heh ... I'm not quite as low as half that amount, but close to it ... on 5 vehicles as well.

I always find it humorous when someone with a brand new car looks at me like I'm insane for having 5 cars because of the cost ... only to find out that my 5 cost less than their one.........he he.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 27 = www.wrmn1410.com

I dropped the Impala down to just liability this year, with a $1000 deductable as it really isn't worth too much anymore, and only pay a little over 500 bucks a year for it. The Suburban is insured under the farm along with all with everything else and full coverage with a $100 deductable only costs me a little over 1000 bucks a year for that.

Ever thought of getting a bigger deductable in exchange for lower rates?

Yeah-it saves me about 150 bucks a year with a 550 deductable (tops) on both cars...

I have Plpd on the wagon....and full coverage on both 03 and 04 Cavs....

I have been thinking about that-I wonder how much an 03 Craplier is really worth, anyways? :scratchchin:

I have no idea why.

stupid Michigan No Fault Insurance!!!

I have 5 vehicles 4 are under full coverage and 1 is PLPD. Very Clean Record :smilewide: Ah Corruption!

The cheapest i can go is only $300 cheaper for some shady company. Oh well. It comes as one lump sum every year. I will just pull some of the earnings Goodyear made me so far this year!!!

Of those 5-none of those would be a small car or Dodge, would it?

For a good laugh I found out how much a Neon would cost to insure...wow, just wow.... :rolleyes:

nope no Dodges. The reason Neons are so high is because in an accident normally there is a lot of injuries.

Besides the caprice on PLPD is 900 a year