Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
El Scorcho

4-speed replacement in GTO

12 posts in this topic

I was checking the GTo section of the Pontiac website and I noticed, contrary to what I had been hearing, that the GTO does in fact have a four speed auto available. So, I'm wondering if there are any rumblings that suggest it may get the new six speed that is in the '06 C6, or if we'll have to wait til next gen for that to happen.

If there is a next gen.

[post="22471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good point.

Four speed available? That's about all the damn dealers sell, as if they have fear of ordering the six-speed stick.

I was checking the GTo section of the Pontiac website and I noticed, contrary to what I had been hearing, that the GTO does in fact have a four speed auto available.

I'm guessing you're confusing this with the Solstice. Initialy, it's only available with a 5-speed manual, and an auto tranny will be available later. GTO has always been available with an automatic.

I guess it had to do with the mags always testing with the manual and me just not paying attention to the specs on the site before. I don't see why not, though, the C6 and GTO share all other powertrain components, right?

GTO could definately benefit from a 6spd auto, it needs a taller OD

[post="24494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The auto also needs to be a column shifter, leaves more space in the center console for all the stuff you can't fit in the trunk

MMMMMMmmmmm 6L80E :wub: . They also use them in the STS-V and XLR-V. I want one in my '56 :D . David Edited by Diognes56

funny thing in the gto the 4 speed is faster then a 6 stick with a good shitfter so who thinks the old trusty 4 speed is bad?

funny thing in the gto the 4 speed is faster then a 6 stick with a good shitfter so who thinks the old trusty 4 speed is bad?

[post="25442"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah they had to kill gas economy to get that. a 6spd would get a LOT better fuel economy in this case (and this case only)

very true but you dont buy a GTO as a "GREEN" car right?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0