Did Anybody Watch the American Idol Results Last Night?

Well, I did. I must say, I was/am pissed, dissapointed, extremely shocked (yet slightly expected based off of how people vote, but never actally expected it.)

For those of you who do watch American Idol and missed the show: Melinda Doolittle was dismissed.

For those who don't: Melinda Doolittle is a 29-year-old (previous) backup singer. She has gone throughout the entire competition with only one 'not-so-hot' comment. Other than that, she was unbelievable!

I honestly am really hating Blake, considering that he was the reason Melinda left, and here is the reason:

Blake is from Seattle, and beatboxes. His town is obviously well-know and has a large population. So they all vote for him. Next, teenage girls around America vote because they think he's hot! Now, the show's a freakin' popularity contest and looks competition, not a singing one! Otherwise, Melinda would have went through to the finale, and probably would have won! EVEN SIMON WASN"T HAPPY! He said he wanted a spot for 'HIS GIRL, MELINDA'. The show is now very disappointhing.

Sure, they were great disappiontments (at least to me) when Jennifer Hudson, Mandisa, Nadia Turner, and Ayla Brown were dismissed, but by far, Melinda's was the most unexpected and unwanted.

Oh, and by the way, so non-viewers can feel and hear the surprise....

The final 3 were Melinda Doolittle, Blake Lewis, and Jordin Sparks. I highly reccomend listining to them all through YouTube or fan sites.

GO GET EM', MELINDA! SHOW 'EM WHO'S BOSS AND GET SIGNED!

Edited by MarioBro88

That's why I don't watch American Idol...it's become nothing but a popularity contest. The people that should win and actually have talent don't....and people vote based on how "hot" the singer is. The sad thing is, the music biz is pretty much the same way.

Surprising? Yes. Shocking? No. I don't think it was anymore shocking than when Chris Daughtry got voted off last year. The judges were certainly more shocked then than now. Otherwise, the top three consisted of three great singers with three different styles. You can't expect them all to win and not winning doesn't guarantee they won't be successful as artists. Another prime example... Chris Daughtry finished fourth last season and has the highest sales of anyone from his season. Personally, I'm a fan of Blake's. Not because he's hot nor because he's from my area, which he obviously isn't. Same for others who vote for him. If you want to blame anyone, blame votefortheworst.com. Blake is their new pick for the reason of being too unique. :rolleyes:

Anyways, if you don't like the show, don't watch it. It's easy and spares anyone from being immature.

Well, I did. I must say, I was/am pissed, dissapointed, extremely shocked (yet slightly expected based off of how people vote, but never actally expected it.)

For those of you who do watch American Idol and missed the show: Melinda Doolittle was dismissed.

For those who don't: Melinda Doolittle is a 29-year-old (previous) backup singer. She has gone throughout the entire competition with only one 'not-so-hot' comment. Other than that, she was unbelievable!

I honestly am really hating Blake, considering that he was the reason Melinda left, and here is the reason:

Blake is from Seattle, and beatboxes. His town is obviously well-know and has a large population. So they all vote for him. Next, teenage girls around America vote because they think he's hot! Now, the show's a freakin' popularity contest and looks competition, not a singing one! Otherwise, Melinda would have went through to the finale, and probably would have won! EVEN SIMON WASN"T HAPPY! He said he wanted a spot for 'HIS GIRL, MELINDA'. The show is now very disappointhing.

Sure, they were great disappiontments (at least to me) when Jennifer Hudson, Mandisa, Nadia Turner, and Ayla Brown were dismissed, but by far, Melinda's was the most unexpected and unwanted.

Oh, and by the way, so non-viewers can feel and hear the surprise....

The final 3 were Melinda Doolittle, Blake Lewis, and Jordin Sparks. I highly reccomend listining to them all through YouTube or fan sites.

GO GET EM', MELINDA! SHOW 'EM WHO'S BOSS AND GET SIGNED!

I have a lot I could say about this season, but then I'd look a little too obsessive. The bottom line for me is this was the worst season I have ever watched [been watching since season 2] in terms of talent. There's pieces of it here and there. Jordin has a great voice but no personality and no emotional depth for performance. Blake can do really incredible things with certain songs; but it comes across as simple, and he likes to do it too much, and his voice is not unique and his ability is nothing special. Melinda is best as a Broadway singer; she's boring, uninspiring, I don't get any feeling from watching her, except "meh". I decided Tuesday was the last day I was watching of this season, after I thought the three did three songs that they've always done, in the same tone they've always done, and the same expressions they've always done. Granted, the Whitney Houston song was different for Melinda, but it proved to much of a challenge, and reminded me yet again that the best singer there was and always has been Lakisha Jones. Lakisha was dismissed because of poor song choice and because she closed up later on into the show. But when she started out she was a knockout, from personality, story, emotion, grit, and talent. She was the complete picture.

Melinda is full of spirit, and yet so monotone. On that note, she has no tonal range whatsoever. She sounds the same, always! I would not pay for her album or to hear her perform in that same dreaded tone, it's annoying. There have been so much better top 12's. I think at this point, the best performer may be Blake. He may be able to do something cool with his album, but he's certainly not the most talented. But in terms of an all around performer, I think he's just a little better than Jordin. They're both pretty robotic though.

Edited by turbo200

This show's a joke and utterly pointless. None of it matters - they all get record deals anyhow. In the entertainment industry, marketability > talent

If members of the final three are truly talented and even somewhat unique, they're almost guaranteed a record deal. Consider the following American Idol vote-offs:

Clay Aiken -- Yes, he actually lost to Reuben Studdard, but you wouldn't know if you listened to the radio shortly after the end of season 2.

Chris Daughtry -- He came out with a pretty good (though rather generic) rock album in time for Christmas '06.

Kelly Pickler (or whatever her name is) -- She's apparently doing country music.

Justin whatshisface from Season 1 -- I believe he had some music on the air.

Katie McPhee -- I think she has an album out.

So Melinda Doolittle is probably going to get a record deal. Don't worry about that part.

I feel a little embarrassed that I actually know some of these names. But then again, this American Idol crap it all over our modern pop-culture society. It's hard not to know.

If members of the final three are truly talented and even somewhat unique, they're almost guaranteed a record deal. Consider the following American Idol vote-offs:

Clay Aiken -- Yes, he actually lost to Reuben Studdard, but you wouldn't know if you listened to the radio shortly after the end of season 2.

Chris Daughtry -- He came out with a pretty good (though rather generic) rock album in time for Christmas '06.

Kelly Pickler (or whatever her name is) -- She's apparently doing country music.

Justin whatshisface from Season 1 -- I believe he had some music on the air.

Katie McPhee -- I think she has an album out.

So Melinda Doolittle is probably going to get a record deal. Don't worry about that part.

I feel a little embarrassed that I actually know some of these names. But then again, this American Idol crap it all over our modern pop-culture society. It's hard not to know.

Top Idols

Kelly Clarkson..........Winner.........8.2 million sales

Carrie Underwood.....Winner.........5.5 million sales

Clay Aiken...............Runner up....4.5 million sales

Chris Daughtry.........4th place......2.5 million sales

Ruben Studdard........Winner.........2.4 million sales

Fantasia Barrino........Winner........2.1 million sales

Bo Bice....................Runner up....0.8 million sales

Taylor Hicks.............Winner.........0.7 million sales

Josh Gracin...............4th place.....0.6 million sales

Kellie Pickler.............6th place.....0.5 million sales

Katherine McPhee......Runner up...0.3 million sales

So as I said before, Clay did pretty damn good considering he "lost" to Reuben.

My wife like Carrie Underwood (year 4), but I don't hear too much about her because she's a country musician. She's found one helluva niche, though, considering she has a higher sales:time ratio than Kelly (year 1).

All three are very good singers.

Melinda is a hell of a singer, but when it comes down to marketability, I don't know how many albums she would sell with her face on the cover, she isn't that attractive at all.

Blake has done some great things, but most of the time he disappoints me. Although he has the looks to sell albums. No matter what he is going to get a deal. From the sounds of it he was kinda a big deal in the Seattle area already before getting on Idol.

I don't know what exactly to say about Jordan. She has quite the voice for a 17 year old, and she has family ties up here in North Dakota, so I would almost like to see her win for that reason. I don't know how many records she would sell though. She has never done anything that I absolutely loved.

In the end, I'm pulling for Blake. He has everything there to sell records. I really loved a few of the songs he did, if he had the chance to make an album full of all his best stuff, it would sell.