Photos of My Oldsmobile Ninety Eight and Toronado

I learned how to use my camera today. I also learned upload photos. I tried to use image shack, but it took too long and I never got a password. These files may be large. I am sending them three at a time until I upload the whole thing.

Thank you

Ninety Eight Regency

post-247-1180746513_thumb.jpg

post-247-1180746666_thumb.jpg

post-247-1180746691_thumb.jpg

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Is that Ninety-Eight the same one we helped you pick out after your black one was totalled? It looks just like you drove it off the lot. Good job taking care of her.

The Toro looks great too. I'm not as big a fan of that bodystyle, but it's always good to see a GM car that has a loving home.

Is that Ninety-Eight the same one we helped you pick out after your black one was totalled? It looks just like you drove it off the lot. Good job taking care of her.

The Toro looks great too. I'm not as big a fan of that bodystyle, but it's always good to see a GM car that has a loving home.

The one that was totaled(the first Ninety Eight) was green. It was a dark green. Yes, that is the Ninety Eight.. I try to take care of my cars. I need to wash my cars too. Thank you for your comments. The Toronado is going to get a new engine and new tires and a new color.

I love the Toronado. Always been partial to that car's styling.

The first time I saw one was when a friend's mom dropped

him off in a bright red one. I thought for a minute it was some

concept car or a European exotic.

Love the Toronado....but why does the Info display still say it's Monday Jan 1, 1990?

Since I am replacing the engine in the Toronado, and I have not been driving it, I disconnected the battery. I connected it just to take the photos. Once I get the new engine, and other things and I will be driving it again. The head gaskets are blown and there are some other issues with the engine. I am saving for a new engine. Once that is done, I am getting new tires, new exhaust system from to back and a new paint job that is a different color. Thank you for your compliments.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fond memories of that generation of 98, our saved my moms life. The tornado was alway an impressive personal luxury coupe. You should see about getting the engine replaced with an SC 3800, really make that Olds rocket take off!

Cool cars, 98...I love that era of Toronados. I saw a '92 Trofeo for sale near me once. You don't see those cars very often.

You do not sadly.. The one I have is even rarer. They made more Trofeos than they did Toronados at the end. The bench seat I have was in an option group called ISB. The thing is they sold more Rivieras and Eldorados towards the end of Toronados life. The Aurora came on the scene. On the other forums where I am an Admin (Oldsmobile Forums), there are a bunch of others who have Toronados. They are trying to fix theirs up too. There are some in good shape too. Oldsmobile had a winner with this car. I think the last generation was trying to get back to the roots of the 1966 model.

I have fond memories of that generation of 98, our saved my moms life. The tornado was alway an impressive personal luxury coupe. You should see about getting the engine replaced with an SC 3800, really make that Olds rocket take off!

That Ninety Eight saved my life too. The one I had that was green was good to me when it came to my life. What was yours like that saved your mom's life?

I checked into that engine thing. The pcm, ecm, and bcm have to match up for on thing. The would have to be changes to the wiring harnesses too. There also is the issue if something were to go wrong, the check engine light may not read it or catch it. I really wanted to do it, but I checked intro even using the same 3800 that is in my Ninety Eight.. same issues. sigh.....

Thank you for your comments and asking..

Guest YellowJacket894

The only other, better-looking generation of Toronado is the first generation, specifically the '66. The Toronado is specifically one of the few front-drive cars I honestly covet and would buy on the spot if I can afford it. If yours was black, Ninety-Eight, I would seriously be envious.

If things go right, maybe I can have a Toro of my own soon. ^_^

The only other, better-looking generation of Toronado is the first generation, specifically the '66. The Toronado is specifically one of the few front-drive cars I honestly covet and would buy on the spot if I can afford it. If yours was black, Ninety-Eight, I would seriously be envious.

If things go right, maybe I can have a Toro of my own soon. ^_^

The thing is the 1990-1992 was getting back to the roots that the 66 had. I liked the:

1966,1975-1976,1079-1985,and the 1990-1992. The 19990-1992 has a little of the 1979-1985 in it too.

The car handles well. There is a black Trofeo on Ebay. Oh, believe me, I thought about painting it black.. The black sapphire blue is close enough. :)

There is a lot of work ahead.

Thank you for the comments.

Um, that's not exactly correct. Your car has a Series I 3800 in it, correct? To get install a supercharged Series I all you would need is an engine and a new or re-flashed ECM. If you wanted to install a Series II or III supercharged, that would require a new ECM, PCM and BCM since the three engines are completely different animals.

Thank you sir, but I was referring to the 3800 Series II not the Supercharged 3800 Series I. It has the same horsepower as my Ninety Eight Series II. I do not want the supercharged engine. I never did. Every board I go on everyone keeps thinking I want the supercharged engine or I should put the supercharged engine in my car. I do not want it because it uses premium fuel. Plus, I do not want it because I do not need it.

My mechanic keeps advising me against the engine swap. He says I should put what was in there back in there. I know a 3800 Series II with a new pcm, ecm, and bcm would work. The problem is finding someone who would do it. It is just easier to get a 3800 Series I and put it in there..

Deep down, Landis, I think you know there's only one option for your replacement engine:

Posted Image

Deep down, Landis, I think you know there's only one option for your replacement engine:

Posted Image

If it was 1966, and it was a Toronado of that era, maybe.. My car could not handle the size or the torque of that engine. No Chevy V8's here. Nice try though.

Only fwd Toronado with a 3800 V6.