Passion alive, but fire suffocating...?

It's already early June; yet, my older 4 MCs have not made their 2007 debut ... and I have not cleaned up the '87 MC LS by hand. Last year, the older 4 MCs didn't make their debut until mid-May ... which led to not attending any area cruise nights...hmm....

I'm not stalling because of rising gas prices. I believe the "delay" is partly (if not mostly) because of my daily drive to/from work. Since October, I've been driving 30-45 minutes each way to/from work in Schaumburg IL; this finds me "fighting" traffic ... something I absolutely strongly dislike doing ... even hate going for my checkups at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital, which I did last Thursday, May 31 (luckily, my parents went with me; we took their new-to-them orange 2006 Cobalt). I've never had a job where I spend so much time on the road to/from work or with sssoo much traffic. Luckily, I enjoy what I do; otherwise, I'd be in trouble ... he heh.

Still, I'm frustrated that I have not cleaned the '87 MC LS ... really need to hand wash and wax it to get the "winter crap" off completely. As for the older 4 MCs ... my goodness, I normally get them out in mid-April. I cannot wait to get 'em out and drive them, but by the time the weekend comes, with all of the crazy drivers and "almost mishaps", driving is not something I want to tackle. Which, of course, is odd for me ... because I LOVE driving ... my passion is definitely still there for driving, road trips, and my MCs.

*shrugs*

However, I'm thinking that perhaps not having the older MCs out and not cleaning the '87 MC LS yet is trying to tell me something ... in terms of selling them. No, I don't really want to, but well, the thought has crossed my mind once again, even as I look at a reddish '87 Olds Cutlass Supreme in the Granite City IL area and a gray '87 Caprice in the Cleveland OH area (along with a few other possibilities) to purchase as a "winter beater" of sorts ... heck, I'd still like to get a new Dodge Charger, an '87 MC SS Aerocoupe, a 1975 Caprice Classic convertible, as well as a house. And, of course, financing another round of radio shows (unless I can get a sponsor or 2) is a priority as well. Guess we'll see what happens.

Anyone else experience something like this ... where daily driving has slowed your fire for "cruising"? Or, maybe it is something else ... some experience that has slowed your fire for a passion of yours?

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"What kind of love keeps breaking a heart?" ... Brooks & Dunn ... 'Long Goodbye'

*nods*

Indeed, Camino. I've watched your threads about selling your cars, etc. Sometimes, the tough decisions are the most agonizing ... in many ways....

Heh ... the ironic part of this is that, once I get the older 4 MCs out ... and the '87 MC LS cleaned, my attitude/thoughts will probably change...hmmm.... Course, at least all of this "overwhelmingness" (mixing in writing and a few other things I want to do to everything else) is keeping me out of trouble ... he he.

"So much is left undone" ... Deep Blue Something ... 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'

I could say the same about my Millenia... but then, this isn't nothing new. I just love too many cars to only have one for a long period of time. Just think... In a few days, I will have owned it for 1 year. Surprising, isn't it? :P

Edited by blackviper8891

Yeah... I know where you're coming from.

Last night Julie was making fun of me because I am the type

of person who LOVES to drive anywhere and everywhere &

at any time of day/night. However I sold & delivered the rims

off my STS to a guy in the South Shore yesterday afternoon

(3.5hrs. of traffic riddled highway) and earlier that morning I

drove to Salisbury beach... (way NORTH shore) so I had

already driven 250 miles, most of it through pounding rain...

I was tired.

So it took some motivation to go to the store to get a bottle

of NyQuill but I needed it bad.

I like to think of it like getting a colonoscopy. You know it's good for you, you know it won't kill you, you know you have to do it, it's just no fun. :scared:

Oooo...what an anology THAT is ... heh.

Luckily, I haven't had to do one of those yet ... but, my time is a comin'.....

*shudders*

"A little vacation, ain't asking very much" ... Tim McGraw ... 'All I Want Is A Life'

>>"Anyone else experience something like this ... where daily driving has slowed your fire for "cruising"? Or, maybe it is something else ... some experience that has slowed your fire for a passion of yours?"<<

My passions all require differing degrees of very hands-on work to even get to the point of 'cruising'... I wanted to get my '40 on the road last summer, and I am no farther along now than I was then, and I may only have 50-60 hours left. Chasing money is taking up all my time....

>>"Anyone else experience something like this ... where daily driving has slowed your fire for "cruising"? Or, maybe it is something else ... some experience that has slowed your fire for a passion of yours?"<<

My passions all require differing degrees of very hands-on work to even get to the point of 'cruising'... I wanted to get my '40 on the road last summer, and I am no farther along now than I was then, and I may only have 50-60 hours left. Chasing money is taking up all my time....

Heh ... chasing money is a "necessary evil", imho.

Sometimes, it just doesn't seem justifiable... he he.

"You better not try to stand in my way" ... J Paycheck ... 'Take This Job & Shove It'

I know I have to get the ambition to go and drive my Dads 1985 Caprice one of these days. He died 2 days ago and my Mom doesnt drive though she is thinking about getting into it just a little bit. I think I will cry the first time I drive it because my Dad liked that car more than anything else in his life. Though he liked his Equinox too that is on lease. We have to see if we can turn that in. It will be kind of painful but it has to be done.

I know I have to get the ambition to go and drive my Dads 1985 Caprice one of these days. He died 2 days ago

Yikes, 2005 E ... very sorry about your Dad. Thoughts/prayers coming to you and your family.

"My time here is over" ... Patty Loveless ... 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?'

I know I have to get the ambition to go and drive my Dads 1985 Caprice one of these days. He died 2 days ago and my Mom doesnt drive though she is thinking about getting into it just a little bit. I think I will cry the first time I drive it because my Dad liked that car more than anything else in his life. Though he liked his Equinox too that is on lease. We have to see if we can turn that in. It will be kind of painful but it has to be done.

My condolences 2005 EquinoxLS! :yes:

Thank you all. It really means a lot to me. This death was totally unexpected. There were 2 large masses on his liver and some nodules on his lungs and one on his intestine. He thought the lump was from falling and cracking a rib and that it just didnt heal properly. I guess I should be thankful he didnt suffer too much before he died, only really for about 3 weeks. I am going to do everything I can to keep the Caprice. I guess the cancer he had is so fast spreading that most of the time it doesnt get caught until it is too late. And from what I was told liver cancer is very rare here in the U.S. Just when my Mom and Dad are in the process of building their new house this has to happen. I know the Lord has a reason for everything and there is a reason for everything to happen but why doesnt that make me feel better right now? I wont have anyone to go to the Chicago Auto Show with either. My dad lived for that.

I know it really hurts now, but time will heal this for you. I know I've been where you are now. How old was your dad? I will say a little prayer for him. Maybe you could meet up with those of us who go to the Chicago autoshow to keep the tradition alive for you and your father, then take your kids when that time comes in your life. I am sorry for your loss.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Thank you all. It really means a lot to me. This death was totally unexpected. There were 2 large masses on his liver and some nodules on his lungs and one on his intestine. He thought the lump was from falling and cracking a rib and that it just didnt heal properly. I guess I should be thankful he didnt suffer too much before he died, only really for about 3 weeks. I am going to do everything I can to keep the Caprice. I guess the cancer he had is so fast spreading that most of the time it doesnt get caught until it is too late. And from what I was told liver cancer is very rare here in the U.S. Just when my Mom and Dad are in the process of building their new house this has to happen. I know the Lord has a reason for everything and there is a reason for everything to happen but why doesn't that make me feel better right now? I wont have anyone to go to the Chicago Auto Show with either. My dad lived for that.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure he meant a lot to you and your mother. It's good that he didn't suffer long at least, and I'm sure he's in a better place. He'll always be in your hearts. Keep the Caprice and care for it as he would, in memory of him.

Thanks ZL-1. I guess wht makes this so hard it that it was so unexpected and that he wasnt really that old to have this happen to him. He knew though what was going on and that he was going to die. He excepted it and said he was ready to go be with God. Still he was too young and had too much to look forward to to have this happen now. Sorry Knightfan for hijacking your thread. But it kind of fit.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS