Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest YellowJacket894

Mystery Pontiac? Its really a Mazda6

23 posts in this topic

Mystery "Pontiac?"

Posted Image

One of our readers, Fred passed on this shot and wanted to know what type of car it is undercover. Since we never have seen it we are passing it on to our spies at large to assist in the identification. Does anyone know what this is?

Link To Mystery "Pontiac" @ AutoSpies

Edited by YellowJacket894

I'm guessing facelifted G6. It's probably due for an update soon. Aura is brand new and Malibu will be reskinned for 08.

Pic is too small to make any judgement. All I see is a car with camo to make it look like a Pontiac.

EDIT: Actually looking at it again, something tells me that it might be the next Sonata.

Edited by ToniCipriani

It may be a G6 refresh. I think it looks like one. You can see the Pontiac grille outline and the rise of the beltline reminds me of the current G6.

There is probably NOT a twin-port grille behind the mesh,

they want to throw people off after all. I say it might be a

Camry or perhaps even some Kia or whatever.

Looks like it also could be the new Mazda6.

That would make sense since that's due for a redesign soon. G6 refresh would be my other guess.

would be 6 spoke if it wasn't a black steel rim... but its a 5 spoke alluminum... also rim spokes are too thin for medium performer made by gm...

so my guess... bmw audi vw or japanese or hyundai kia?

G6 refresh makes sense, Nissan Altima to compare and contrast and a Grand Prix on guard.

Could be the G6 refresh, it appears it lost its dip under the mirror though? I would have thought that would have been rather expensive to change. Perhaps not.

It may be a G6 refresh. I think it looks like one. You can see the Pontiac grille outline and the rise of the beltline reminds me of the current G6.

The grille is camo.

Could be the G6 refresh, it appears it lost its dip under the mirror though? I would have thought that would have been rather expensive to change. Perhaps not.

Actually, it might not be. The G6 coupe and convertible both do not have the beltline dip under their mirrors. I don't know that much about what I'm talking about after this point, but I think it could be possible to engineer a new door using a shortened door skin from the coupe/vert to be used on the MCE G6.

Just thought I'd point that out/assume that.

With such a small picture and that much camo, it could be anything.

Chris is right, I think those are Mazda wheels.

The image seems edited to me, with the colored twin port grille, headlights and possibly a side stripe (unless the US version gets a long wheelbase) added for illustration.

The image seems edited to me, with the colored twin port grille, headlights and possibly a side stripe (unless the US version gets a long wheelbase) added for illustration.

Actually Mazda has been using colored mesh lately. They started using that on the next gen 6 for whatever reason.

could it be the next generation G5??? its kinda small to be a G6.. arent the Cobalt and G5 supposed to be redesigned in 2010?? the current models are schduled to be built for two more years.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0