Spied: NG Nissan Z

Based on a 350 Z this mat black mule was driving its first rounds on the roads when we managed to snap some pictures of it. Looks wider and slightly longer and we can clearly see that the headlamps don’t really fit.

Alongside the mule Nissan had a current 350 Z and a Porsche Cayman S to compare with. At this stages it is still too early to make any comments about how the finished car will look like but we can be sure they will add some horsepower and hopefully make it a little lighter to improve the handling. Rumours in Japan say the new name will be 400 Z but we will have to wait and see for that.

World Car Fans

does that mule really look longer? it looks shorter to me, it looks like a shorter wheelbase and a portion of it was cut off at the rear. Another auto blog site has stated this was a new 240sx, or smaller than 350z sports car in Nissan's lineup. I keep having dreams of my 240sx, literally, it's sad, so I know I would want to see one on the market.

• 4 weeks later...

570Z?

That's cool but it's been done a million times.

How about taking a Cadillac 500 and making a 820Z?

:spin:

570Z?

i bet it's doable, but an LT1 and 6 speed only add.. say maybe 150 lbs. i bet the cad 500 would add more like 300lbs by itself....maybe over the limits of the stock (un reinforced) motormounts...?

• 8 months later...

too bad they can't make em like when they were datsuns... slam a "570" v8 with a t56.

...what my bro has done.. even made 570Z logos to replace the 240 logos

570Z?

Such fanboys.

We really want engines that big when they're screaming to give us gas at $4 a gallon.

Not to mention I find it funny that when Americans dream up these garish displacements, they always think no further than V-8s. Why not V-12s or, hell, V-16s?

It would be nice if the 400Z meant a 4-liter V-8 instead of a huge V-6.

But surely Nissan wouldn't want to screw up perceptions of the GT-R (even though I think the GT-R draws a different kind of fanboy that likes the idea of a six with twin blowguns on it much more--this means they can fire open that stuck-together HKS or Trust catalog and get more lotion)

570Z?

Such fanboys.

We really want engines that big when they're screaming to give us gas at $4 a gallon.

Not to mention I find it funny that when Americans dream up these garish displacements, they always think no further than V-8s. Why not V-12s or, hell, V-16s?

It would be nice if the 400Z meant a 4-liter V-8 instead of a huge V-6.

But surely Nissan wouldn't want to screw up perceptions of the GT-R (even though I think the GT-R draws a different kind of fanboy that likes the idea of a six with twin blowguns on it much more--this means they can fire open that stuck-together HKS or Trust catalog and get more lotion)

Apparently you've never heard one of Sixty8's rants about wanting a V16...

400Z with a V6 is fine, but what I want is a "baby" version, say a new 240Z, smaller, lighter, more in tune with the original.

I always considered the last 240Z a girly car.

I always considered the last 240Z a girly car.

I'd agree about the last 200SX we got in the states, and even about the 240SX to a point, but the 240/260/280Z/ZX were fantastic, not really girly cars. The 300ZX was a bit of a poser-mobile.