Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

1000 Posts on C&G

Posted Image

I think that says it all thanks again guys. My son wanted to thank you all too. He posts sometimes under my name and did the Chicago Autoshow thing for us. **Good kid...** Sorry my son typed it up there is a spelling error or two. He is just learning photoshop and doesn't proof read just like me.

Edited by gm4life

Congrats to you sir... I like you left and came back too. I am glad you enjoying yourself. I am glad you feel the way you do. I hope to feel that comfortable again here like you do. I do not as of yet.

It is just wonderful to see you express yourself in the way you did. Your statement said a lot about you and your feel for this place. I can tell you this.. It is a difference place. When I left, Northstar was in high school and he did not own a car. His family owned a very nice black Oldsmobile Eighty Eight LSS. The last time I talked to anyone from this board was TED. Ted was going to a car show and wanted to know how much cigarettes were in the United States. Z28 Lover has always tried to be nice to me, but I never gave him a fair shake because of other past events which I will not drag up because it is in past. Other people have changed in life too.

I remember when I sent the then "small cheers and gears" all videos of GM car footage for free. It was a big project, and I did not mind paying for everything, but it was fun.

These are good changes. A lot of people are new to me here. I do not know them. Some of them say they know me, but I do not remember them. I remember the one guy who drives the Buick Regal with the miles on it because he always talks to me about Oldsmobile 98 from 1975 because of the tail lamps. I also remember sixty eight because he was here when I left and he used to be so upset with GM for dumb decisions. I remember Bobo because he owned an Oldsmobile Aurora at one time. It was a shock to me as well.

Good people... New good people. The thing that shocks me is the younger people here who were not here before. The number of gay people here went way up too.

So how do people know when it is you and not your son??

Anyway.. congrats to you... I know where you are coming from.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

You don't but he has only done it a few times. Like the autoshow and some photos. He has never really said anything much. But enjoys looking over my shoulder. He honestly did do the photoshop above for me and it turned out pretty good. Except for few errors. Well you 98 have always been very kind to me and I apperciate that. When people are good to you, I think you owe it to them to let 'em know. We have a enough "asswholes" in the world pardon my english as it is. Thats why I rarely post around C&D. Also my sons signs when he is done posting. Only a time or too.

Edited by gm4life

You don't but he has only done it a few times. Like the autoshow and some photos. He has never really said anything much. But enjoys looking over my shoulder. He honestly did do the photoshop above for me and it turned out pretty good. Except for few errors. Well you 98 have always been very kind to me and I apperciate that. When people are good to you, I think you owe it to them to let 'em know. We have a enough "asswholes" in the world pardon my english as it is. Thats why I rarely post around C&D. Also my sons signs when he is done posting. Only a time or too.

Wow.. How old is your son? What is C and D??

Son is 17 and 1/2 and loves car more than me. Car and Driver forums. No and he always puts Chris at the buttom. But uhhh pleasure to have gotten to know you sir.

Thank you for that info. I used to be the top poster around here too. That sort of thing is not important to me anymore. I used to also have a signature that was created for me by James B. from Australia. He was also my Holden connection too. It was a Ninety Eight Regency and it was in black and written in Oldsmobile script. I do miss having a signature sometimes though.

Congrats on those 1000 posts! :thumbsup:

And the message was pretty cool too..

I just realized I passed 2500 and didn't even know it... :pokeowned:

I've been here a while myself...I remember when you left 98.....but I think in time most of the people here will grow on you.

Though some of us are a crazy bunch! :AH-HA_wink:

Many things have changed, but then again many haven't.

Fly is still as witty as ever.

68 is still complaining about GM. (you know we love ya- :AH-HA_wink: )

And BV is still here driving us nuts (but we wouldn't have it any other way)

It's just a good place to call home. :smilewide::yes::spin:

I must say, this is the most elegent and classy post count announcement thread I've ever seen.

Very glad to have you aboard here, John. You make no apologies for your passion and that's something GM needs these days. I must also extend a sincere 'thank you' for all of your non-posting contributions in the form of our own collection of exclusive Cheers and Gears wallpaper featuring Buicks, Cadillacs, Chevies, etc. and if you guys haven't seen John's work, please do check it out here...

C&G Desktop Wallpaper

Thanks also to your son, Chris, for the photo contributions from Chitown. Great stuff and we hope to have you guys help us out next year.

:thumbsup: Never leave! lol

Thanks Guys...

Fly- We hope to be able to be of service... Fly thanks again for the desktop page.

Custom-I am laughing too.

98- We can get you a new sig via photoshop if you'd like... N thanx for the kind words...

Dave- I know getting to know everyone takes a while to get used too. But you are a great bunch.

Night er well morning everyone. (Depends on where you live I guess... Night for another 18 minutes here)

Thanks Guys...

Fly- We hope to be able to be of service... Fly thanks again for the desktop page.

Custom-I am laughing too.

98- We can get you a new sig via photoshop if you'd like... N thanx for the kind words...

Dave- I know getting to know everyone takes a while to get used too. But you are a great bunch.

Night er well morning everyone. (Depends on where you live I guess... Night for another 18 minutes here)

That would be nice to see a new signature. It would be nice to have one with a 1990's 98 and 1990's Toronado on it.

Congrats... I remember when I first hit 1000. It was such a long time ago, back on C&G v.2, I think. Course, I completely forget what my post count was back on the Snitz boards. I know Ninety Eight used to be the biggest post whore ever, though, he had well over 10k posts. :P

Congrats... I remember when I first hit 1000. It was such a long time ago, back on C&G v.2, I think. Course, I completely forget what my post count was back on the Snitz boards. I know Ninety Eight used to be the biggest post whore ever, though, he had well over 10k posts. :P

Funny black viper. I had the high post count because I used to post the news every day. I t was not easy work. I just do not remember you from before though. I am trying to place you.

Funny black viper. I had the high post count because I used to post the news every day. I t was not easy work. I just do not remember you from before though. I am trying to place you.

Yes, I know. I joined in Dec, 2003. You were one of the first to welcome me. I wasn't on Snitz for too long since C&G v.2 came in March or April of 2004.

Well, according to this post just after the last crash:

*plans trip to "meet" Mr. WMJ* :D