Silverado outselling F-Series in retail sales

Wow! Look at HHR versus PT Cruiser retail sales.

Buh-bye Cruiser - now severely eating HHR dust.

Nitro - looks like that's doing well.

Torrent and Equinox aren't in the same size range? ??????

Can't wait to see the Pilot sales nosedive as more Acadias, Enclaves, and Outlooks hit the street. :thumbsup:

We're half way into the year and we've only sold 69,000 Tundras.

:ohyeah:

Where are the $99 lease deals?

Will someone pay you $10,000 to take a Tundra?

Can we use the new Tundras for Monster Truck fodder?

Has "Tundra" passed Yugo" as the most worthless unreliable ugly vehicle you can purchase????

The magic 8 ball says "Don't bet against it".

Just remember, that 200K sales goal must be reached at all costs on or before December 31, 2007.

:yes:

Put a few GMCs and Chevys together and then check out the numbers!

Silverado + Sierra = 394,171

Tahoe + Yukon + Yukon Denali = 108,497

Suburban + Yukon XL + Yukon Denali XL = 64,399

Add some Caddy numbers and the Avalanche and I'd say the 900s are pretty dominating.

Consider this: The Avalanche as a minor variant of the 900s sells more units at retail than the Nissan Titan.

And take a look at the combined sales of the Trailblazer and Envoy, not too shabby for a platform getting a bit long in the tooth. Together, they nearly double Explorer sales.

LS6 is right about that. The Silvy is treated as a total different model from its GMC brother. I am so very impressed after riding in a new Avalanche, Silverado and many Tahoe/Suburbans. All they need is the six speed autos to be perfect seriously. No suprise to me at all and Turds sit on lots collecting dust at they should the ugly pigs-ass truck with 3500 bucks on the hood. Looks like Toyota in Japan will be really pissed when not only the new Turd's aren't coming close to meeting sales goals basically half of what they wanted, and then having to give 3500 back on each one. Not to mention running way over budget on the plant, and guess what kind of trucks the workers at the plant were driving? Ford"s, Chevy's, GMC's and Dodge's funny how that works isn't it?

Good to see the Express nearly matching the Econoline in retail sales. Fleet sales of the HHR aren't too bad when you consider it's the only compact SUV sold in a cargo-specific version. A similar reason explains the high fleet sales for the Caravan and Uplander.

I'm surprised so many Highlanders go to fleet sales—even more than Equinox and more than twice as many to daily rental. The Edge's numbers don't look so good when you see almost a third go to fleet sales, and far more to daily rental than the Freestyle, for some reason the latter more popular with commercial buyers.

Some scary numbers:

nearly 80% of Avengers have gone to daily rental. OMG!!

nearly 70% of Grand Prixs go to daily rental—the G6 sells 5 times the volume in retail sales!

More Chrysler/Dodge LX cars go to daily rental than Impalas.

The Grand Marquis has nearly 5 times the retail sales of the Crown Vic.

Not surprisingly very few luxury/prestige cars go to fleets, especially daily rental, except:

Mercedes C-Class 15%

Volvo S40 37.5%!!!

Cadillac DTS 27.4% (no surprise there)

Lincoln Town Car 58.5% (there are retail buyers?)

Volvo S80 and Infiniti M35 15.3% each

Audi A6 17% (although more than 7% are commercial fleet-i.e. company cars)

Sales of most sports cars to daily rental in the last 6 months can be counted on one hand. The exceptions are the MX-5 and Corvette (still less than 2% each), the 350Z (less than 3%), and the Chrysler Crossfire—more than 70% to daily rental!!!

I am seeing more and more Turds on the road here in Cedar Rapids, esp since the rebates started to climb. I did some digging and went to the back lot to see what people are trading. Looks like Fords are being traded in on the Turds around here. Anyone else do any digging into this?

And since I was on the lot, I took a look inside...Ugly does not do this truck justice. And only 18 mpg highway??? Are you kidding me?

In all honesty, what does it matter? A sale is a sale, whether it goes to fleet, rental or retail. I know the non-retail is lower profit, but still important as those vehicles are used by people who buy retail. If the rental or fleet product is lousy, they won't go to a dealer of that product when it's time to buy for themselves. If I am given a company car that is reliable, stylish and user-friendly, I will want to own one for myself.

Company cars (as opposed to trucks) are often defacto retail purchases by consumers—the company simply picks up the tab as part of the salary package. Daily rental is the area most companies are trying to reduce—not only are profit margins low, but they hurt residuals on all sales. Commercial fleet for trucks and vans is highly cyclical, and can be dramatically effected by external economic conditions—thus the downturn in construction affecting the market for trucks at the moment. If new housing starts improve noticeably, truck sales will temporarily boom, no matter what the price of fuel.