Honda Incentives Rise Sharply

Flybrian

Incentives up sharply at Honda
Troubled segments, old models targeted
Posted Image

Honda Division is piling on the incentives this year - a sharp turnabout from its usual ultra-stingy approach to offering spiffs. Honda still doesn't offer cash rebates to customers and says it doesn't plan to. But the division is cranking up dealer incentives and lease subsidies like never before. In June, its average payout per vehicle was $1,221, according to Edmunds.

2007 Honda Element - Low APR, $1000 dealer cash
2007 Honda Odyssey - Low APR
2007 Honda Pilot - $3500 dealer cash
2007 Honda Ridgeline - $3500 dealer cash
2007 Honda S2000 - $2000 dealer cash

i think the pilot is getting impacted by the lambdas, plus its old. that didn't keep my neighbor from just getting one last week.

he's a honda banger. trying to sell his civic. whatever.

a buddy is car shopping due to an unofrtunate accident and now today emails me and says he is thinking of an accord because 'they are rated so highly'.

I had him try a mazda6 last week and have basically pleaded with him to try everything but an accord or camry but i suppose another 'i don't care so i will pick the highest rated' comes to roost.

i think the pilot is getting impacted by the lambdas, plus its old. that didn't keep my neighbor from just getting one last week.

Man everybody around you is buying Pilots, huh? Looks like you've been spending too much time evangelizing on this board and not enough time persuading your neighbors and buddies not to get Pilots! :AH-HA_wink:

Man everybody around you is buying Pilots, huh? Looks like you've been spending too much time evangelizing on this board and not enough time persuading your neighbors and buddies not to get Pilots! :AH-HA_wink:

i don't talk to my neighbor ever.

everyone i come in contact with is dumbasses. i guess.

their other vehicle is a caravan.

Element, Pilot, and S2000 are too old and so yesterday's news. Minivan sales are slowing, and they've run out of the sort of people who buy Ridgelines.

Plus, Pilot is getting redone....and Ridgeline is getting a freshening.

This is not unusual for any manufacturer that wants to move out old model-year inventory before a big change.

S2000 is a niche...and high-priced for such a tiny Honda.

Element? I actually thought that unit was doing okay....especially after the refresh...?

This is not unusual for any manufacturer that wants to move out old model-year inventory before a big change.

When was the last time you saw $3500 dealer cash on a new Honda in its 2nd model year?

How about the last time you saw a new Honda in its 2nd year pending a "big change" after being hailed as a success?

How about the last time you saw a new Honda in its 2nd year pending a "big change" after being hailed as a success?

Big change? The Ridgeline is receiving its mid-year refresh, which is normal for the 3rd year of a model.

$3,500 on the Ridge and Pilot is a hell of a lot.

It suprises me that honda doesn't offer more $$ on all their cars. I don't like anything in honda's lineup. The cr-v has gotten goofier looking with every 'freshing' that it's had. The accord is the best thing honda will ever have and it's just one step up from the butt fugly camry. I predict that the tides will turn some day soon and kool-aide drinkers will realize that honda is just an ugly little japanese car....dependable, but ugly....nothing more.

Even though a little part of me is happy to see the Japanese piling on the incentives...but I would much rather see Honda make a sale than Toyota. The more sales that go to the Accord rather than Camry, the better the world is! Although, the more sales that go to the Fusion and Malibu over either, the happier I am! 8)

Edited by mustang84

I think the main reason for the slide on those trucks is the simple fact that they are gas-guzzling trucks, no matter which way you spin it.

The B***h slap that hit the Big 3 and their trucks is now catching up to Honda and Toyota's truck line-ups...

I think a lot has to do with the price of gas....

THough being older models is not helping either...

I'll be interested to see how the Ridgeline does in the next few months....

It suprises me that honda doesn't offer more $$ on all their cars. I don't like anything in honda's lineup. The cr-v has gotten goofier looking with every 'freshing' that it's had. The accord is the best thing honda will ever have and it's just one step up from the butt fugly camry. I predict that the tides will turn some day soon and kool-aide drinkers will realize that honda is just an ugly little japanese car....dependable, but ugly....nothing more.

The new CR-V has been selling at about 150% every month for the last 8 months since its intro. Now why would Honda add incentives to it?

And on top of that, only about 0.6% of those are going to fleet (compared to RAV4 at 11.9%, Escape at 28.2%, and Vue at 10.3%).

The new CR-V has been selling at about 150% every month for the last 8 months since its intro. Now why would Honda add incentives to it?

And on top of that, only about 0.6% of those are going to fleet (compared to RAV4 at 11.9%, Escape at 28.2%, and Vue at 10.3%).

the success of the CR-v baffles the mind.

overpriced.

no engine

cheesy interior

bad styling

oh well, i guess the girlgirls in this country have a new darling vehicle and its not a subaru anymore. lots of p*ssy whipped husbands are forced to buy them for their psychotic bipolar wives too or they cut off in the bedroom

Big change? The Ridgeline is receiving its mid-year refresh, which is normal for the 3rd year of a model.

$3,500 on the Ridge and Pilot is a hell of a lot.

uh no let's not all lie... a refreshening for Honda is typical in its 4th model year.....element just received its first freshening in 07 model year, that car was out in 2003, so it was first intro'd as a 04 MY or possible 03. Accord recieved updates in 4th model year, etc etc. you know if you are anywhere close to the truth you are lying through your teeth that a refresh in the 3rd year is typical. For Honda to be freshening the Ridgeline so quickly is a sort of admission that things are not going so well as they planned. and i like Honda and the Ridgeline, they just aren't moving. as for the looks I like the impression the side gives, and I especially like them with custom wheels, but the front end is typical Honda conservative, not aggressive. Maybe that's what they are changing....

uh no let's not all lie... a refreshening for Honda is typical in its 4th model year.....element just received its first freshening in 07 model year, that car was out in 2003, so it was first intro'd as a 04 MY or possible 03. Accord recieved updates in 4th model year, etc etc. you know if you are anywhere close to the truth you are lying through your teeth that a refresh in the 3rd year is typical. For Honda to be freshening the Ridgeline so quickly is a sort of admission that things are not going so well as they planned. and i like Honda and the Ridgeline, they just aren't moving. as for the looks I like the impression the side gives, and I especially like them with custom wheels, but the front end is typical Honda conservative, not aggressive. Maybe that's what they are changing....

If the Ridgeline receives its refresh for the 2009 model (like the rumors suggest), it will be 3 years after its intro. First year was 2006. This is fairly normal for Honda. Models like the Element and S2000 and other niche vehicles don't run on the normal schedule, and the Pilot is 1 year overdue for a new model.

Civic: 01, 02, 03, refresh in 04, 05, new model in 06

Accord: 03, 04, 05, refresh in 06, 07, new model in 08

Ridge: 06, 07, 08, refresh in 09, 10, new model in 11

Pilot: 03, 04, 05, refresh in 06, 07, 08, new model in 09

CR-V: 02, 03, 04, refresh in 05, 06, new model (reg's favorite) in 07

Element: 03, 04, 05, 06, refresh in 07, 08

S2000: 00, 01, 02, 03, refresh in 04, 05, 06, 07

NSX: 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, refresh in 02, 03, 04, 05 (the NSX had various revisions during that time, like a larger engine and different trims, but the body style didn't change until 02)

Edited by siegen

If the Ridgeline receives its refresh for the 2009 model (like the rumors suggest), it will be 3 years after its intro. First year was 2006. This is fairly normal for Honda. Models like the Element and S2000 and other niche vehicles don't run on the normal schedule, and the Pilot is 1 year overdue for a new model.

Civic: 01, 02, 03, refresh in 04, 05, new model in 06

Accord: 03, 04, 05, refresh in 06, 07, new model in 08

Ridge: 06, 07, 08, refresh in 09, 10, new model in 11

Pilot: 03, 04, 05, refresh in 06, 07, 08, new model in 09

CR-V: 02, 03, 04, refresh in 05, 06, new model (reg's favorite) in 07

Element: 03, 04, 05, 06, refresh in 07, 08

S2000: 00, 01, 02, 03, refresh in 04, 05, 06, 07

NSX: 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, refresh in 02, 03, 04, 05 (the NSX had various revisions during that time, like a larger engine and different trims, but the body style didn't change until 02)

my bad i was under the impression the ridgeline facelift would be introd MY 08. if that were the case, then as your data indicates it would be receiving an update in only its third model year after being introd. but since it won't be until 09 for the refresh, then, yes, according to the schedule honda would be following precedent.

however, the ridgeline isn't doing strongly, and i think it's because outside of the practical midsize and compact sedan market, buyers are looking for more.....more from thier pickup than what honda is offering. and when we get down to it the honda doesn't offer anything tangible, outside of honda reliability, over the silverado for example.

I didn't mean to suggest they should....my point was that it suprises me that the ugly little thing sells so well. As goofy looking as the crv is, I would of guessed that it wouldn't sell well. Just goes to show you that there are a bunch of blind drivers out there. LOOK OUT!

I swear, my neighbor got rid of his Escalade. Reason that he cited for doing so was gas mileage. Said he was getting 12 with mainly city driving. The guy went out and bought a ridgeline. Goes on and on about what a great vehicle it is. I say it's ugly as hell. I asked him what kind of mileage he's getting and he said about 16 city. It's like people can't add and subtract around here. The loss he took on selling the Cadillac would buy a bunch of gas..... I swear, if the Escalade got 16 MPG city, that would be horrible.....but in a honda, it ain't too bad. I think the mpg numbers are catching up to the jap car companies.

I didn't mean to suggest they should....my point was that it suprises me that the ugly little thing sells so well. As goofy looking as the crv is, I would of guessed that it wouldn't sell well. Just goes to show you that there are a bunch of blind drivers out there. LOOK OUT!

I swear, my neighbor got rid of his Escalade. Reason that he cited for doing so was gas mileage. Said he was getting 12 with mainly city driving. The guy went out and bought a ridgeline. Goes on and on about what a great vehicle it is. I say it's ugly as hell. I asked him what kind of mileage he's getting and he said about 16 city. It's like people can't add and subtract around here. The loss he took on selling the Cadillac would buy a bunch of gas..... I swear, if the Escalade got 16 MPG city, that would be horrible.....but in a honda, it ain't too bad. I think the mpg numbers are catching up to the jap car companies.

If an Escalade got 16mpg city, that would be pretty damn good! lol

If he was selling the Escalade solely because of mileage, and jumping into a Ridgeline that gets 16mpg city (saving him about $1000 per year in gas approximately, assuming he drives 14-15k per year), then that's a pretty dumb choice. But maybe he was doing it because of other reasons too.

The Ridgeline is rated to 15mpg in the city, so if he's getting 16mpg then that's ok.

Edited by siegen

The Ridgeline is rated to 15mpg in the city, so if he's getting 16mpg then that's ok.

No.

16 MPG out of a honda sucks ass.

American cars are routinely criticized for getting 16 mpg, no matter what they are.

I say, driving a minivan with the back chopped off and a big H on the grille is bad enough. Getting 16 mpg and looking ridiculous doing it.....is the life of a ridgeline owner.