Need Help... Fast.

I somehow locked my goddamn keys in my car... with it running. Fuck if I know... It wasn't locked when I got out of it and I didn't lock it. Anyways, It has about half a tank. There aren't any locksmiths that I know of here in Brookville (atleast not in the phonebook) and even if I did, I'm flat broke. I can't get ahold of any family members. They are either working, not picking up the phone, or working. I'm missing school too (will be my 4th this year, already). I need to either get in the damn thing or shut it off. Any help is greatly appreciated. And quick too, I'm wasting my damn gas!

It's probably too late now, but the only advice I can give you is next time get one of those magnetic boxes and stick a spare key in it, then attach it to a piece of steel in your bumper. I did that and it saved me on a couple occasions. Otherwise, to shut if off now, you're pretty much screwed unless you want to break the window. Which would be cheaper? Spending hundreds on a new window or wasting about $15 worth of gas until you can get someone to unlock it? One of my buddies did that after golf practice one time and I think he ended up calling the police to help him out...I'm not sure how they got it unlocked though.

Well... I'll need to get a spare made and then get one of those boxes. Anyways, I finally got it. I took a metal hanger and... well... pushed it through the rubber weather-stripping and pushed the button. Good thing I have power locks... althought they got me into this in the first place. So damn them. Now I have to dry my damn clothes since it is freaking pouring outside. I got soaked. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to School before the tardy cut-off. I think its 10... so I probably won't make it. I mean... however long it takes for my clothes to dry then the 20 minute drive.

Only get that spare key for your bumper if you want your car stolen.  Better to have an extra set of keys at home.

[post="25162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've had those for years now and have never had a problem wiht my xcar getting stolen. That's just a wife's tale... A proffessional car thief, if he wanted a Grand Am would crack open the door and ignition quicker and wiht less effort than crawling around under the car looking for a hidden key.

As soon as I purchase a car (sometimes the same day) I get a spare set made at the local Mom&Pop hardware store and hide them somewhere inconsipcuous.

I have a couple of those magnetic boxes but in some cases Duct tape works better.

'79 coupe DeVille: duct taped inside the bumper
'86 Caddy: magnetic hide-a-key in undisclosed location... (avoid the obvious)
'97 Caddy: key duct taped in a spot just big enough to get hand/forearm in there
'68 Camaro: this one is really clever, magnetic box hidden in the front of the car
'84 Datsun: rear bumper, key attached to it with electrical tape

I highly doubt anyone would ever find my spare yeys in any of my cars. Perhaps on a lift at the dealership but then I get all my own service down so that's not a problem.

ANOTHER GOOD HINT: (only works with older GM cars with two keys)

Have just a door key taped somewhere on the outside of the car incase you lock your self out, and then hide an ignition key INSIDE the car somewhere in case you loose your keys altogeather so you're noit stranded. Think of a really wacky place like taped to the back of the gas pedal or the inside of the fuse box panel or the botton of the passanger seat to the frame rail/power seat motor. Edited by Sixty8panther

ANOTHER GOOD HINT: (only works with older GM cars with two keys)

Have just a door key taped somewhere on the outside of the car incase you lock your self out, and then hide an ignition key INSIDE the car somewhere in case you loose your keys altogeather so you're noit stranded. Think of a really wacky place like taped to the back of the gas pedal or the inside of the fuse box panel or the botton of the passanger seat to the frame rail/power seat motor.

[post="25167"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh shit. I think I'll do that myself!

I was such a dufus in high school, I locked the keys in my Grand Prix like 4 times before I put a spare door key in my wallet. Problem solved. I didn't have to worry about a hidden key either falling off the car or being found by a thief.

Yeah... This is Brookville. The few that even attempt it would probably be too stupid to find it, anyways. That's if anyone ever tries to steal it... I mean, who would want a Grand Am, huh? :rolleyes: :unsure: :lol: I'm kind of pissed, though. I seem to be having alot of bad luck, lately. First I hit a deer, then my fuel door latch breaks, then I leave my window down and get my interior soad, then this, and I already have another thing... One of my fog lights burned out. WTF? I hate bad luck...

When I had my Grand Am (separate ignition and door key) I always kept a spare door key in my wallet.  With my Cavalier, though, I keep a spare in my apartment and my wife also has a spare.

[post="25236"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have one of those spare plastic keys that AAA insurance made for me in my wallet and it has saved my butt several times.

Anyways, I finally got it. I took a metal hanger and... well... pushed it through the rubber weather-stripping and pushed the button. Good thing I have power locks... althought they got me into this in the first place. So damn them.

[post="25158"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I had to do that once, too. I had gone to pump gas, and I noticed a wee bit too late that I couldn't find my keys. Luckily, the window was slightly down... Not far enough to stick my arm in, but far enough for a coat hanger. After a few frustrating jabs, I finally managed to push the door lock/unlock button. If there's one thing I hate about modern cars, it's that many decide to lock themselves as soon as you get out. Gee, I appreciate your concern, car, but if I wanted you locked, I could do it myself very easily! Damn, there must be some way to disable that stupid feature...

BTW: On the subject of door locks, did I mention that my passenger-side rear door no longer locks/unlocks? So now, every time the doors lock/unlock, I hear this loud, horrible, RRRRRRRRRRRRT! noise. :angry:

Well, I got another set made. These ones have the plastic on top like the originals (mine aren't the originals). I'm going to use them as my main keys now. However, I can't get the starter key to work. It must need filed down or something... Also, I forgot to mention that I also broke my driver side vent visor. Boy, I'm lucky.