Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Any Rush (the band) fans?

All my friends are amazed that I'm not a Rush fan, given my musical tastes. I don't know...I just couldn't ever get into them.

I own 11 of their studio albums, starting from Permanent Waves and heading up to their newest album, Snakes & Arrows. I'm especially a fan of their stuff from the 80's (Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, etc.) and early '90's.

It took me a while to get into them, mostly because I kept trying to listen to the stuff from the 70's, when Geddy sounded like nails on a chalkboard. One friend must have spent hours trying to get me to listen to songs like Bastille Day, and couldn't figure out why I didn't like it, considering I was big into bands like Van Halen.

However, I picked up a copy of Presto years back, and listened to it while I was painting an apartment suite. I must have played the album over half a dozen times that day. I've been fan ever since. :)

I'm a causual fan. I can dig if I hear them.

True Story: Neil Peart played in my dad's old band. Replaced him, actually. But it was just for a bit, as he soon after auditioned for Rush. They were decent buddies. I thought all drummers were in competition with one another.

That's how I feel, anyway. :P