2008 Chevy Malibu on Chevrolet.com

Derek77

The site is a bit flash, cheesy, and hard to read with all that glitter and bold font, IMO. Chevy's print ads are far superior. More and more consumers are doing research online, and it'd help to spend more on a more professional site.

About the car, it looks great as usual. The black cloth interior looks promising. It doesn't have the nasty sheen of cheap leather, it isn't as dreary as gray, and the contrasting stitching is a nice touch. I think the Ultrasuede on the 2LTs will be even better.

Also, the Fusion doesn't have ESC available, although they say it's "optional" in the comparitron. And there's no mention of the six-speed four-cylinder and four-speed six-cylinder yet. Wonder what the wheel choices look like. The 18" five-spokes should be optional under "2LT" not "Hybrid," as the Engine Package comes with the V-6. Site looks like a rush job..

Edited by empowah

The site is a bit flash, cheesy, and hard to read with all that glitter and bold font, IMO. Chevy's print ads are far superior. More and more consumers are doing research online, and it'd help to spend more on a more professional site.

About the car, it looks great as usual. The black cloth interior looks promising. It doesn't have the nasty sheen of cheap leather, it isn't as dreary as gray, and the contrasting stitching is a nice touch. I think the Ultrasuede on the 2LTs will be even better.

Also, the Fusion doesn't have ESC available, although they say it's "optional" in the comparitron. And there's no mention of the six-speed four-cylinder and four-speed six-cylinder yet. Wonder what the wheel choices look like. The 18" five-spokes should be optional under "2LT" not "Hybrid," as the Engine Package comes with the V-6. Site looks like a rush job..

None of the V6's come with a four-speed.

The 4-cyl and 6-speed option is a mid-year introduction, it's not available at the start.

I like how the hybrid's center stack color matches the rest of the area around it. On the cocoa/cashmere it looks out of place with a silver radio and the rest having no silver. I think the Malibu should do well. It's better than the Camry and I'd say will probably be a top 3 family sedan (Altima and Accord would be the other 2 in the top 3... in no particular order).

Where did you hear that? There's no mention of the 3.5L being used in the Press Release.

I thought the same thing as empowah, it will have the 3.5 with the 4 speed. Then I looked at the press release and it wasn't in there. I know I saw it somewhere. Then I looked at the press release of the 2008 Powertrains. That's where I saw it. Look at it there and it says:

New Application in 2008 Chevrolet Malibu and Saturn VUE (RPO LZ4)

GM Powertrain’s new-generation 60-degree 3.5L V6 is also available for 2008 in the Chevrolet Malibu Classic, Impala, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura sedan. In these cars it is installed with the Hydra-matic 4T45 four-speed automatic (4T65 in the Chevrolet Impala ). Available in the new redesigned Malibu with 4T45 transmission and in the VUE with the 6T70 transmission and AWD.

I can't believe they're still offering that garbage.

The pushrod 3.5 is probably there to bring the V-6 closer to class leaders in fuel economy. This way Chevy can offer both 252 horsepower AND 18/29 MPG, albeit not at the same time. The 3.6 gets 17/26.