The "new" Fiero.....

BuddyP

Yup, picked up another one a couple weeks back. '86 V-6 4-sp manual. The motor and tranny had been all rebuilt, but it had a miss in the motor. I went back a week later, took my chances and brought it home. Ended up just being bad wires. It runs good at speed but doesn't idle good right now, the guy put a new timing chain on and I'm fairly sure it's off a tooth. So I may have to dig into that. Other than that I ended up putting on new shocks/struts, new brake pads, new caliper and rebuilt the other 3, turned all rotors, painted the ground effects silver, new tires with matching wheels and detailed it up a bit. Got $1500 into it with all the new parts.

Bought it as a daily driver to keep the miles off the Avalanche. Been doing a lot of work with a guy 40 min. away lately.

Here's a couple "Before" shots...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's a couple "After" shots...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys, it drives good now that I have the new tires, shocks and break on it. When I first picked it up it bobbed like a cork and drove so bad I wanted to just drive it into a ditch and leave it. But it came out alright.

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Hmm...are those old tires so bad, or do those new tires just look real meaty?

The car came with a set of 195/70's in front and 185/70 studded... yeah you read that right... tires in the rear. These new one's are 215/70's (wider therefore also taller).

Thanks guys, it drives good now that I have the new tires, shocks and break on it. When I first picked it up it bobbed like a cork and drove so bad I wanted to just drive it into a ditch and leave it. But it came out alright.

The car came with a set of 195/70's in front and 185/70 studded... yeah you read that right... tires in the rear. These new one's are 215/70's (wider therefore also taller).

Studded? Interesting....

Nice. I've had a lot of cars but I have yet to buy a Fiero.

It's sad to see so many end up at junkyards... I came

close to buying a four-banger stick back in 2003.