loki

living with ED on HGTV  

4 members have voted

1. 1. like it?

• yes
    • no
    • indifferent
    • not seen it

show concept: Ed Bayglie (sp?) goes to people's houses and informs people how to be more "green" or just cut down on power usage.

i've seen 2 episodes... the new one with bill nye and the one with Tiegs.

i think anything is better with bill nye, he and Ed have a rivalry it seems, i found it hilarious.

supply and demand... same supply, decrease the demand, decrease price. the economics of being greener is in cosumers' pocket book's interest, for a lot of things, not everything though.

have seen 1 1/2 episodes, and it's ok. Probably the first thing they push is compact florescent bulbs, which I still need to look into. They always caused buzzing on my dad's radio (but I don't really listen to the radio), and looked way too blue, not like normal bulbs. I expect I might be able to find some that give off color more like a normal bulb, and then I might be ok with 'em. I liked the use of skylights to reduce light bulb usage. The wind turbine was kinda cool, too.

Overall, some neat information, but some aspects of being boring, as well as feeling like you're being brainwashed by tree huggers. I can't watch it without feeling like I need to have my guard up to sift good ideas from extreme ideas that might not make economic sense, or even help the environment in the long run (like the hybrid debate).

I'm all for being green around the house, but when I get out on the road, I don't want to give up one ounce of power, comfort, capacity or attractive looks in my vehicle.

Agreed.

I recycle as much paper, glass & aluminum as possible in my comminity

and I am all about conserving our recources... water & elecrticity but

as far as my car I make no apologies about for my "thirsty" 1959 Buick.

Agreed.

I recycle as much paper, glass & aluminum as possible in my comminity

and I am all about conserving our recources... water & elecrticity but

as far as my car I make no apologies about for my "thirsty" 1959 Buick.

Remember...

-reduce

-reuse

-recycle

You're reducing the demand for new car production (uses up resources & causes pollution), and (re)using a still good vehicle! Plus there's something to be said about appreciation of art that is inherent with a classic car. :) Use it to haul stuff to get recycled occasionally, and your vehicle plays a role in all three of the "R"s!

yeah, some stuff they push is easy, while some of it is "give up your glutenous habits". i don't watch it so much for the information, i think how he, his wife, and whoever else interact is entertaining.... to a point. but him vs bill nye out greening each other was just funny to me.