Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Helping a friend buy an AURA tomorrow...

Flybrian

He's trading up from a 2002 SL2 with 34,5xx miles worth about $6,000 trade-in on KBB. I know Saturn is advertising a...

$199.00 per month 39 month lease.

$2,669 due at lease signing.

Mileage charge of $0.25 per mile over 32,500 miles.

No security deposit required.

Tax, title, license and retailer fees are extra.

For qualified lessees.

Some questions since I've never physically purchased a Saturn nor dealt with leases myself:

1) Would a large up front amount positively affect the montly lease payments, i.e. $5,000 vs $2669?

2) Think a Saturn retailer has some wiggle room for a demonstrator XR (I know they have one) or a more well-equipped XE ($22-23k) to work it down to ~$200/mo?

Any other lease/Saturn-specific advice would similarly rock. I really sold him on liking the car, so this is just the next step. Thanks!

That's the "low millage" lease. That's less than 10k a year and it's 3 months longer - not the usual 36,000 miles. Keep that in mind. The price will go up a bit if you go for a regular lease. I hope your friend doesn't drive much.

Correct. Now that's not to say they can't work out a lease completely different than the "deal" advertised, and have the right payment, but things would all have to be on the same page.

And as far as putting more down, yes, that will reduce the cap. cost they're ultimately making payments on (i.e. lower payments the more you put down), but FEW people ever put down money on a lease--because it's just a waste, and you never get it back. It's either you pay higher payments or you pay that chunk up front and make the next payments lower.

I think Roger (has an Envoy, a Sky, and a new Aura XE) leased his Aura, so hopefully he'll see this and check in soon.

UPDATE

No-go with the dealer on an AURA; he ended up getting a lease on a 2.8l 2007 CTS.

VERY cool. Already surpassed by a new model, but a great car nonetheless--and they have been offering nice leases for a while now.

the last time i was at a caddy dealer they had a buttload of the 2.8 CTS on hand, no doubt for some body style closeout lease deal.

if i didn't strongly prefer the FWD in this climate, i may have been tempted to look at one of those base cts myself. as an alternative to the aura, an 07 cts 2.8 makes a bunch of sense.