2008 Liberty Review

CanadianJeepYJ

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Vehicle_Re...070921&pg=1

A really nice review and about 95% positive.

Only sticky area would be the 4 speed transmission.

the background for my comments here....

i drove a nitro at the chrysler ride and drive last fall and i sat in a new loaded liberty at the chryco dealer the other day.

i like the look of both, even if they are not mainstream. the nitro is bling where the liberty has a very well jone jeep look.

the nitro's interior could be the worst in the industry. the seats in particular are worse than abysmal.

in the liberty, there is enough done so its not so terrible. the look is improved with better hues and a little nicer layout. it looks cheap, but not disagreeable since its one of the nicer jeeps. cargo space looks tight, but oh well.

i thought the nitro drove like garbage. unrefined in just about every way and built junky. i'll assume the jeep is improved.

i like jeeps products right now but would never buy one because they are too butch. the last liberty was a big time chick car, and thankfully, this redo gets rid of the chick car stigma. the compass is jeep's chick car now. a man can drive the liberty now (BTW liberty is a pretty feminine car name) and not have people saying 'guy in a chick car'. it helps this thing has a stick.

the liberty is distinctive, as is jeep as a whole. i like having this on the market to go with the xterra and h3 and stuff. and future h4. we could stand to get rid of crap like the ridgeline and fj cruiser.

Edited by regfootball

2008 Jeep Lieutenant Commander

Silly question.....under your name it says 2009 CTS-D Driver.... Do you mean V or will there be a "D" trim?

Here is a nice video of the Liberty Sport model

Nope, I mean D. I'm moving to Germany in the spring and plan to aquire a 2008 CTS with the new diesel V6.

Thank you :thumbsup: