Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Great CTS ads on OnDemand

Drew Dowdell

I was watching CSI Miami today on OnDemand and they play two '08 CTS ads.

The first one's tag line is "You can either be the nail that sticks out.... or you can be the hammer."

but the best one goes "In the luxury car game, it no longer about if your car has a 40 gigabyte hard drive, it's not about pop up navigation screens, it's not about ultra-view sunroofs, or Zexxxxx wood trim..... The question is... when you turn your car on... does it return the favor?" Then the hot woman behind the wheel gives a smirk and raises her eyebrow.

Run' em everywhere GM

I was watching CSI Miami today on OnDemand and they play two '08 CTS ads.

The first one's tag line is "You can either be the nail that sticks out.... or you can be the hammer."

but the best one goes "In the luxury car game, it no longer about if your car has a 40 gigabyte hard drive, it's not about pop up navigation screens, it's not about ultra-view sunroofs, or Zexxxxx wood trim..... The question is... when you turn your car on... does it return the favor?" Then the hot woman behind the wheel gives a smirk and raises her eyebrow.

Run' em everywhere GM

The hot chick is Kate Walsh. MyCadillacStory.com -- Kate Walsh

I hate the new ads, but only because they come off "cereal company marketing" to me. Admittedly, I was a huge fan of the Cadillac "change" ads with Led Zeppelin and the like, but ever since then they've just gone down hill, IMHO.

They don't show the car well, don't highlight performance, and have Civic/Corolla crowd imagery and such. Just doesn't seem befitting of Cadillac...but I'm interested to know what others have thought, or if anyone thinks the same way.

The ad with the chick is IMO the best ad spot that any GM division's had in quite a while. The "turn you on" line was great, but what I liked best was the complete absence of any special lease/financing packages or incentives. Bravo!

I take it I'm in the minority on this then. Oh well, maybe I'm being critical, or it doesn't matter, and they are getting positive attention from those who count.

They just didn't "get me" or make me want to watch, like a great CAR commercial does, that's all.

I think these are excellent ads that are some of the best Cadillac has ever done. I like how the relaxed nature of the opening builds into a catch phrase with really cool music and everything speeding up...it says to me the new CTS is unleashed.

The dialogue is excellent too..."You can believe in the philosophy that the nail that sticks out get hammered down...or you can be the hammer."

I looked forward to watching it during the commercial breaks...CBS ran "The Cadillac of Premiers Night" which, in addition to the ads being showed, they had references to Caddy in many of the season premiers.

• 4 weeks later...