Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Teamsters honor UAW strike,

andy82471

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20070924?rpc=44

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - The Teamsters union said on Monday it will honor the United Auto Workers strike against General Motors Corp (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research), saying it would not haul vehicles made by the automaker.

"Workers should not solely bear the brunt of decades of bad business decisions by GM management," Teamsters President James Hoffa said in a statement.

Wow, the Teamsters are joining with the UAW. This doesn't look good.

This is just going to cascade. The guys at Toyota must be popping the champage corks! GM can kiss good bye any hope of being #1 in sales for a very long time now.

Even though we have hardly any new 2008 vehicles on the lot, I hope GM hangs on there. Most Canadian dealers will be shut down in a couple weeks, I'll bet. We don't have the same level of inventory as most American stores. The '98 strike left us without cars within a month - and we had a helluva lot more on the lot then than we do now.

I am glad I have a lot of savings. Looks like I may need them!

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20070924?rpc=44

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - The Teamsters union said on Monday it will honor the United Auto Workers strike against General Motors Corp (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research), saying it would not haul vehicles made by the automaker.

"Workers should not solely bear the brunt of decades of bad business decisions by GM management," Teamsters President James Hoffa said in a statement.

Wow, the Teamsters are joining with the UAW. This doesn't look good.

absolutely doggone right! who has your back at walmart, mcdonalds or circuit city? or your innotech's nationwide? :scratchchin:

"and in other news, GM has hired NON-TEAMSTER independent drivers to deliver their cars. Officials at GM find out that independent drivers actually CARE about what they haul, vow to never allow a teamster to haul their cars again."

Hey Teamsters: Who is delivering TOYOTA'S to all the dealerships? If it is Your Guys, you are a bunch of hippocrites!

Let the UAW take you out of the car business...I don't think it will have that big of an effect on the economy.

Hey Teamsters: Who is delivering TOYOTA'S to all the dealerships? If it is Your Guys, you are a bunch of hippocrites!

One of my many son in laws is a car hauler for an independent company. In the past they have delivered Toyota vehicles, but then went to doing it "in house". It could vary by region I suppose.

One of my many son in laws is a car hauler for an independent company. In the past they have delivered Toyota vehicles, but then went to doing it "in house". It could vary by region I suppose.

at my old dealership we did it ourselfs, of course after you modify a truck improperly... and no one wants to buy it, what the heck get a trailer and do it yourself...

but we picked them up from the rail roads and took them to the dealership, not sure what is involved for it to get to the rail roads... but from their our dealership made all the trips

at my old dealership we did it ourselfs, of course after you modify a truck improperly... and no one wants to buy it, what the heck get a trailer and do it yourself...

but we picked them up from the rail roads and took them to the dealership, not sure what is involved for it to get to the rail roads... but from their our dealership made all the trips

Never heard of that. I wonder how that works as the cars have a delivery charge included on the sticker. Does GM rebate a certain portion to your dealership if they go to the railhead themselves?

Never heard of that. I wonder how that works as the cars have a delivery charge included on the sticker. Does GM rebate a certain portion to your dealership if they go to the railhead themselves?

oh actually... come to think of it, they dropped them off at our "warehouse" and we took care of it from there... but the railroad wasnt more then a block away in any event...

oh actually... come to think of it, they dropped them off at our "warehouse" and we took care of it from there... but the railroad wasnt more then a block away in any event...

There are smaller trailer setups that handle 3-4 cars only (compared to 11 vehicle specialty built trailers that are the norm). These smaller trailers can sometimes be pulled by heavy duty pickups, although medium duty trucks are also used. This is all I saw on I70 in Utah and Western Colorado were population is sparse.

i really hate unions. The teamsters have legal contracts to haul those cars, and those cars were made when the union was working. I can kinda understand not wanting to haul scab made cars, but they are just hurting their "brothers" cause those cars not be sold aren't going to make any money that would eventually end up in the worker's hands

Edited by Dragon