Speaking of Reattas...

Flybrian

I thought I'd give this Reatta for sale a free plug because I just feel bad for it...

1988 Buick Reatta - 63k - $7563

Posted Image

See, that car has been for sale at that dealership for over four years. I remember because I was showing it to a friend of mine shortly before I graduated high school in 2003. Back then, it had 62 and change on the clock and was listed at $10,000 even. I guess it accumulated ~500 miles from being moved back and forth between their two lots so much. Today, it was up in Palm Harbor again. I've seen it on eBay four times. I think they're still charging too much for it; $7500 seems pricey for a first-year Reatta hardtop in the all-too-common shade of red, but who knows?

So. Yeah. I feel bad for it and if I had an extra $3500 (because I wouldn't pay more than that for it out the door - KBB MSRP is only $3010), I'd give it a home with three fullsizers, but alas...

My black Reatta is coming on Saturday, I am so pumped. Needs little work but I got a deal. More miles than that one though but same year. It has 156k miles and is still running strong. I figured $2400 Canadian was good for it and it comes with a custom Reatta car cover as well.

Oh the Reatta... :wub: I found online what looked like a decent 1990 Reatta coupe shortly before I placed my order for the SKY. I have loved the Reatta ever since they were introduced and have always wanted one. If that '90 was a convertible, I may have ended up with that over the SKY (crazy, I know). I really want a 1991 convertible, as they made some upgrades for '91 and included bigger aluminum wheels with a better look than the '99-'90 rims. Now that the SKY is for sale, I may resume my search when money becomes more available in the near future.

post-418-1190777056_thumb.jpg

Oh the Reatta... :wub: I found online what looked like a decent 1990 Reatta coupe shortly before I placed my order for the SKY. I have loved the Reatta ever since they were introduced and have always wanted one. If that '90 was a convertible, I may have ended up with that over the SKY (crazy, I know). I really want a 1991 convertible, as they made some upgrades for '91 and included bigger aluminum wheels with a better look than the '99-'90 rims. Now that the SKY is for sale, I may resume my search when money becomes more available in the near future.

I saw an Arizona car, a white Reatta Hardtop with 76K Miles for sale for 8K Canadian dollars a while back...

It was a White coupe with red interior.

There's only 2 Reattas for sale in the entire country right now...

White 1988

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...gno=1&srt=1

Red 1988 (Only 90K Kms!

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...gno=1&srt=1

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

I always loved those Reattas.

I hope that car finds a good home with someone who takes care of it.

Ditto. I thought they were cool and goofy at the same time. I would have bought one, but liked the Regal coupe more.

They look great in "Maui Blue" more so than in any other color, IMO.

Why are they lingering on lots... or elsewhere? I always assumed someone out there would want to scoop these up, given their relative rarity.

Not worth it to me unless it was a Select Sixty with documentation, and even then it isn't worth much. I've thought of picking one up as a winter beater at some point, however, because a high mileage nutbucket can be had for short change around here.